found // k. bakugou, pt ii

word count: 843

...

  your breath came out in short rasps as your knees sank to the floor, the tears flowing freely as they had the past months of heartbreak. you could feel your heart pounding in your chest as you struggled to deal with all the recent advents. everything had gone to shit; the entire life you had planned had crumbled in less than four months, but even still, you knew it was a long time coming.

you weren't sure when you'd passed out, but you were woken up by a loud banging on the door, one that made your already-existing headache even worse. you shoved a sweatshirt over your body and approached the door cautiously.

"who is it?" you called, cursing to yourself as your voice cracked.

there was a brief pause of silence on the other side of the door, but you stood and waited until you heard a faint, "you know damn well who it is."

your body went rigid, and your hands shook as you opened the door just a smidgen of a crack. "bakugou, what do you want?" your own voice had surprised you with how cold it was, so unwelcoming to the blond ex-boyfriend stood at your front door.

"we need to talk."

"what about?" you eyed him.

"let me the fuck in, this apartment is still under my damn name," the man grumbled.

begrudgingly, you complied, hiding yourself further into the hoodie as he entered the apartment. you hoped to whatever higher power you believed in that he wouldn't notice it was yours.

"the fuck is wrong with you?" a frown etched itself onto his face.

"wh-what do you mean?"

"just going to quit my agency like that, after you've been gone for fucking weeks?" if you didn't know any better, it sounded as though he even cared.

but you steeled yourself, "i don't want to be known as the girl working for her ex-boyfriend's agency. and... and it hurts too much." the last phrase came out as a mumble, one that bakugou wasn't even sure he heard right. "i'm sure you can find someone better, with a more powerful quirk, to work as one of your sidekicks."

the man looked ready to burst, "what the fuck?! that's fucking bullshit, (name)! i... it doesn't matter if there's someone better or stronger or more powerful, i-i only want you, dammit."

you looked up at him with wide eyes, "no! no, you cannot do this to me, bakugou! don't you dare!"

with a heavy sigh, he plopped down on the couch; he was hunched over himself, the edges of his palms pressing into his eyes. "i'm sorry."

tears began to bubble over once more, and you felt them slip down your cheeks as you shook your head. "katsuki–"

"i never wanted to hurt you, i never wanted to fucking leave you, and especially after atsuko...," he groaned. "i was a fucking fool, and these past few months have only made me realize it, how much i fucking took for granted, how much i fucking loved you and still love you, and i was such a damn idiot."

hesitantly, you took a seat on the couch next to him, "katsuki–"

"no, i have to say this," he snapped, "or i'm going to leave here with too much damn regret. i love you, (name), and i'm so fucking sorry that i didn't fight harder for atsuko, that i just fucking gave up. i was weak."

for a while, you two were silent. bakugou's head never lifted from his hands, and you were too busy processing everything that had happened from the moment the blond had showed up at your door. he still loved you, he apologized for his actions, but... but was that enough? every fiber in your being wanted to forgive him, but was that okay?

you sighed and placed a tentative hand on his shoulder, "katsuki."

he lifted his head, crimson eyes meeting yours.

"it-it's okay," you replied. "i think... i think we were both in the wrong, and i'm sorry that it seemed like we fell out of love. but... i still love you, too, if i'm being honest with myself."

there was a look of shock on his face. "wh-what?"

"i still love you, bakugou katsuki." you gave him a small smile, your hand moving to cup his cheek. "even though it might be wrong, i think we can give this another try."

"you're serious?" his tone excited, and lips quirking up into a hesitant smile.

you nodded.

"can i kiss you?" he breathed. you two had subconsciously leaned into each other, his breath fanning over your lips as your eyes met.

with a subtle nod, his lips met yours and you could feel the once-lost happiness begin to bubble up inside you again. his hands gripped your waist and he angled himself closer to you, leaning you back against the couch cushions without breaking the kiss.

but with the need for air, you broke away with a soft smile. "i love you, katsuki."

"i love you, too, (name)."