metamorphosis // k. bakugou; vampire

word count: 1.9k

...

  the woods had always been eerie after the sun went down. how the birds seemed to grow silent after the last ray of light hid itself behind the hills, a symphony of crickets taking their place. it was even eerier when the fog rolled in and the full moon lit up the trees in its dim, white light.

discarded twigs and dried foliage cracked and crinkled under each step you made. your breath came out in small, white puffs from the chilled night breeze, the sharp winds snipping at the tip of your nose and brushing a dust of rose across your cheeks. your legs were tired and heavy beneath you, and your arms ached. but you had to keep going.

you had to keep running.

your lungs felt as though a a blazing hot fire burned within them as you struggled to scrambled through the dark forest. low-hanging branches caught at your bare flesh as you ran, stinging slightly when it sliced through. your body hummed with adrenaline, and no matter how much you wanted to–no–needed to stop, you couldn't.

an arrow whizzed past your face, and you stifled a gasp through your unsteady breaths. instinct told you to look back, but you knew nothing good ever came from that.

god, did this bloody forest ever end?!

the earth dropped in front of you, and you screamed. the world began to spin. rocks bruised your body with each roll as you tumbled down the slope. one rock in particular managed to catch your knee, tearing a hole in your jeans. pain throbbed through the joint, and you barely had any time to recover when you had ended up at the foot of the hill.

how you'd ended up being shot at by one of the most infamous vampire hunters, you really had no idea. well, you had an inkling, and that inkling being that your vampire boyfriend bakugou katsuki had royally pissed him the fuck off to which the hunter decided to retaliate by hunting you down because you were vulnerable and human and bakugou was so smart that he killed the slayer dude's wife which spurred the hunter to take revenge by using his girlfriend as leverage. but, maybe that wasn't so much of an inkling, and it was more of what was really happening.

guess the world would never know, you know?

a small formation of rocks caught your eye, and you limped behind it before the hunters could catch up to you. you could feel the blood trickle spread through your jeans, and you hesitantly brushed the tip of your finger over the wound. a hiss escaped your lips upon the slight pressure.

"where the fuck did you go, bitch?!" the hunter screamed out. "hide all you want, but i'll still fucking find you!"

heavy footsteps faded from the distance, and you breathed out a quiet sigh of relief.

the hunter had probably stalked yours and his every moves for the past few weeks, perhaps even months. he had to have. how else would he have known that you were going to be walking home from work at nine pm on a thursday evening without bakugou there to protect you and leaving you completely vulnerable? the blond was probably pacing your shared apartment wondering where the hell you were.

you'd felt the buzzing in your pocket just seconds after, and you struggled to fish your phone out of your pocket as the obnoxiously loud ringtone bakugou set for you went off. your heart jumped to your throat as you tried to silence the call with the name babes blinking across the screen before the hunter found you. but one, you'd hit answer, and two, you felt two hands grab you by the collar of your hoodie as you screamed. the phone dropped from your grip and fell into the foliage.

"gotcha," the hunter breathed. a sick grin was plastered across his face, breath smelling faintly of cigarettes and garbage as he held you with your back against him, his arm stretched across your chest to keep you still.