a baker's daughter // e. kirishima; pt i

gender in this imagine will be female, if you wish for me to create this with male or genderneutral pronouns please feel free to send a message my way! i would be happy to help!

word count: 1.6k words.

summary: prince kirishima has always traveled outside the castle grounds to visit his future kingdom and to check up on the village and how well they're doing. but one day, you catch his eye.

...

since eijirou was an early teen, even before then, the young prince had expressed an interest in visiting his future kingdom. every day, unless he had important lessons or events, he would travel down to the kingdom and check on his future subjects. he enjoyed seeing all the people and the hustle and bustle that he would never see in the castle unless there was a battle, which was rare.

today was one of the days that he was planning to visit his kingdom. it was early saturday morning, eijirou's servant had already laid out the clothes he was to wear for the day. it was nothing too fancy, just enough for people to recognize his position in power (if they hadn't already recognized him; he was very well known throughout the kingdom). he tugged on his pants, his shirt, and to top it off, the crown that signified his role as prince kirishima eijirou.

after putting his boots on, he walked through the castle and out to the stables where his servant, areku, was working with his horse and putting on the reigns. eijirou thanked him and mounted his steed, closely followed by areku who hopped onto one of the spare horses he used to accompany the prince on his daily trips. they might as well be his.

"come on, shadou," kirishima kicked a heel into his horse's side and off they went down the worn trail into the village. "beautiful morning, isn't it areku?" eijirou tossed the question to his servant positioned to his right.

"gorgeous, your highness." he replied respectfully.

eijirou rolled his eyes, "how many times must i remind you to call me eijirou?"

areku apologized, ending it with a small "sir eijirou."

the young prince laughed loudly and shook his head. their conversation had continued, but they were talking about the scenery and the upcoming ball. eijirou was turning of age, eighteen, and he was to find a girl – any girl – to take as his princess and later queen. he knew of course, by any girl, his father meant a girl with royal blood. but his mother didn't give much care to the matter. she wanted her baby boy to find a girl he could be happy with. and everybody knew, the king may be the head, but the queen is the neck and can make the head turn whatever direction she wanted.

"do you think you'll find her at the ball, your highness?" areku asked as they neared the village gates.

eijirou shrugged, "i have no idea. but i hope i do."

"what do you think she'll be like?" the young servant asked.

once again, the redhead shrugged. "i don't know." before the conversation could continue further, the two reached the gates. the guards, knowing their faces, had ordered the gatekeeper to lower the drawbridge and the two waited patiently before crossing the wooden gate.

upon entering, the two were greeted with the sound of hustling and bustling. there were mothers with their children looking over the many vegetables in the village market, there were men entering the pub and drunkards stumbling out of it, and there were a few young girls gossiping by the well. everything was normal. one of the guards that had followed the two had helped prince eijirou off of shadou, as well as areku from nepuchun. they took the horses to one of the many guard posts, and the two were off on foot.