maniacal // k. bakugou; vampire

gender in this imagine will be female. if you wish for me to create this with male or genderneutral pronouns please feel free to send a message my way! i would be happy to help!

...

after gaining your independence, your first idea was to move away from the big city your family lived, preferring a smaller, more rural area to reside. but, what you hadn't expected were the strange whispers of after dark. you didn't really know what to make of it. you were used to big city life, where businesses stayed open late and buses still ran well into the evening. and compared to your new residence, you actually missed it.

no one ever left their homes after the sun went down; it may as well have been a law. rumours held stories of ravenous and savage beasts that would hunt down anyone they found, of insatiable and uncontrollable fiends that would rip someone to pieces under the cover of darkness. at least, that was what you'd been told.

the makeshift law hadn't stopped you, though.

the full moon was high in the sky, illuminating the streets as you took your time getting back to your apartment. there was a bitter chill to the air with the fall weather coming in, and you wished you'd brought along a spare coat; though, the sweater you wore did provide some warmth, so you couldn't complain too much.

you bopped your head to the music coming from your headphones. you weren't really paying attention to your surroundings–after all, no one left their house at night, there wasn't anyone to bump into or a car to fear getting hit by. it was peaceful, in your mind, as though time didn't exist, and you were just wandering around a ghost town with no place to be or people to see. after dark, the town was yours.

but, despite the peacefulness you felt, there was an eerie chill in the air, as though eyes were following your every move.

perhaps it was the rumours from the locals of things lurking around at night that could kill you in the blink of an eye. after all, everyone did think you were crazy for going out at night, and they constantly scolded you for stepping foot outside after dark.

you cast a glance over your shoulder, seeing nothing but the empty sidewalk, and grumbled to yourself. damn the locals for making you paranoid. you looked forward once again but stopped abruptly upon seeing a figure in front of you.

"what's a cute little snack like you doing wandering around this late?" their voice was smooth as velvet, and you looked up at their face. inhuman, golden eyes peered down at you, her lips quirked into a smirk, and an eyebrow cocked.

"i'm just on my way home, enjoying the breeze," you replied, taking out an earbud.

she tilted her head to the side. "you're human?"

"and you're not?" you snorted. "look, if you're just trying to scare the foreigner, good luck, sugar. i've heard the stories, but i think they're a pile of bullshit."

"oh?" she grinned. "you're pretty brave, huh? what's your name?"

"what's it to you?" you glared.

"just curious." she shrugged.

you eyed the girl for a moment. she didn't look like much of a threat, dressed in a high school uniform and all. "it's (name)."

"(name)-chan," she hummed. "i love it! and hey, you're pretty cute, too. i wonder...."

an odd feeling ran through your body; unease and sudden anxiety making you take an unconscious step back. "wonder what?" you asked, voice wavering.

she looked at you with a unsettling gleam in her eyes, lips twisted into a grin. "how you'd look covered in blood."

"wh-what?" you asked with an unsure laugh. "you're still trying to scare me?"