there's a reason they're called crushes // k. bakugou

you sat with your head propped up in your palm, elbow resting on the desk, dreamy look in your eyes as you stared at the blond sitting at the front of the room. luckily, you sat in the back, just behind deku and in front of yaororozu. no one embarrassing would catch you in the act.

you could only imagine what it would be like to date the strongest boy in your class; strong arms holding you close, his dickish exterior fading into something caring but only around you, crimson eyes that melted at the sight of you. eating lunch with him and talking freely with the intimidating blond.

a sigh left your lips; that would never happen. for one, bakugou would never like you back, and two, even if he did, you'd be too shy to confess and he'd be too stubborn. however, the blond was too busy becoming the number one hero to ever think the same as you.

ashido slammed a hand on your desk, and you startled two feet into the air.

"wh-what happened?!" you yelped, noticing as everyone had began to file out of the classroom.

the pink girl grinned. "you were daydreaming again, huh? what about? a boy...?" she teased.

a blush dusted across your cheeks. "n-no, never. i—" you noticed bakugou's crimson eyes slide your way for just a millisecond. midoriya casting a glance as well.

ashido may not have had the best grades, but if it ever came to nosing around into who-liked-who, she could get the highest grade in class. "never?"

"sh-shut up," you grumbled.

"you're totally in love with him, aren't you?!"

the accusation rang loud throughout the class, and you jumped up from your seat, shaky hands rushing to cover her mouth as your fidgeting eyes made sure no one had overheard. but, you two were the only ones left in class.

still, an even deeper blush rose to your cheeks. "any louder and someone would hear you!"

ashido rolled her eyes. "so... any plans on confessing?"

you stood from your desk with a huff and shake of your head. "no. pretty sure bakugou doesn't even think about stuff like that. he's, well, he's bakugou. you don't confess to—"

her eyes widened. "it's bakugou?!" she shouted in the hallways, passing glances cast your way.

"shh!" you hissed. "i don't want bakugou to know, let alone the whole damn school!"

"and here i thought you were staring at midoriya," she mumbled. "but! no difference."

you turned to ashido just outside the school's front doors, stopping her just outside the shoe lockers. "do not breathe a word of this to anyone. i... even if i can't confess to bakugou, i'd rather keep it to myself and suffer in silence. he's busy with his own stuff. please, mina-kun, just... don't tell anyone."

and you stormed off to the training gyms.

...

it was a saturday night at the dorms, most every classmate deciding to stay in the safety of yuuei than go home that weekend. that, and even bakugou on the other. it confused you as to why he decided to stay in the dorms for the weekend, as most often he went home. but he was sat down in the common room with a book in his lap, kaminari, kirishima, and sero playing a game on the tv in front of them.

why did he stay...? you wondered, staring at him from your spot on the floor, the rest of class 1a's girls surrounding you.

the blond sensed your eyes on him, and he looked your way with a scowl. you jumped and stared down at your hands, blush dusted across your cheeks. you'd been caught in the act staring at him!