hawk and field mouse // hawks; vampire

word count: 2.5k

...

  you grinned as you followed the poor soul out of the bar and down the dark alleyway; there was a dry tickle in the back of your throat, and your body hummed at the thought of finding such easy prey. it was always best when your victims were drunk, you even got a little bit of alcohol in your system from it, one of the few ways a vampire could feel a buzz.

the world blurred as you appeared right behind the poor stranger, and you tapped his shoulder. "hey, good looking," you smirked.

the man turned, a sloppy grin on his face as he saw you.

"looking for a good time?" your voice coming out like soft velvet to his ears; it eased the stranger into a false sense of ease. you were quick to pin him to the wall, lips on his in an instant. you could taste the booze on his tongue as you slipped the paralyzing toxins into his system, making quick work to disable your victim. the man slumped with lidded eyes trained on you.

"gonna-gonna fuck me?" he asked in a weak voice.

your lips quirked upwards, "sorry, you're just a meal."

"wh-what?"

the sharp canines stretched past your lips, and you tilted the man's head, attaching the fangs to his neck. you greedily gulped down the sweet blood, unaware of a third party entering the alleyway as the booze-infused blood muddled with your head. it was only a slight buzz, but just like humans, an empty stomach never did well with alcohol.

you shrieked as you were pulled by by your hair, the man you were previously feeding on collapsing onto the concrete floor. you whipped around, trying to push your attacker away but they caught your fist. bright, golden irises locked eyes with your reddened glare.

"lookie here, i've caught a little field mouse," he grinned. his wings were folded neatly behind his back, but you caught the slight twitch of his feathers.

"hawks," you snarled.

it was the cliched story of hunter-turned-into-hunted. you and hawks had met through the endeavor hunting agency, and within a year, you two blissfully fell in love. but hawks'd angered one of the most powerful vampires in the district when he killed his lover. in turn, the vampire had turned you into one of his own in retaliation. it was now a game to the hunter, of hawk and field mouse in his words.

the winged hunter's lips drooped into a small frown upon seeing your red-stained lips, the blood splattered on your chin and dress. "you've made a mess of yourself, haven't you?" his thumb wiped at your bottom lip.

"let go of me," you growled, and your butt hit the concrete as he did what you asked.d

"there's a bounty on your head, you know," hawks replied, his boot-clad footsteps echoing about the small alleyway as he circled you. "they say you're an insatiable beast."

you snorted and got back on your feet, the bloodlust haze fading away with each passing moment, along with your buzz. "well? if you're here to kill me, i'll make it easy on you. my heart's right here." you motioned to the left side of your chest and shut your eyes in wait.

there was a soft sigh, and even though you felt the tip of his stake on your chest, it never pierced the skin.

you cracked an eye, "what are you waiting for, hawks?"

his golden hues met your natural (eye color) ones. his lips quirked up. "not yet, i think i'll play with you a little longer."

you smirked, and not even a half a second longer, you had the dirty blond pressed against the wall; your forearm was pressed against his chest, and with the closeness, you could hear the sweet, melodious rush of blood in his veins.