Chapter Five

Jisoo handed them each a sheet of paper. This was mainly for the sake of Jennie and Lisa since they knew the least. In the past despite Lisa's interruptions, Jisoo and Chae had been careful not to reveal much about the actual case. This was due to strict instructions by YG management. They only permitted Jisoo to inform her members that Chae would be joining their team since the agency only wanted one secure point of reference in the review process of taking up the case.

"The paper broadly gives the key points of what the case is about. Memorise it thoroughly. We'll meet tomorrow morning at 9:45am in our conference room. Chae will lead the meeting." Jisoo looked up

No one seemed to have any questions. Jennie and Lisa were reading over the paper while Chae was listening to her.

"I should make it clear that Chae didn't bring this case to us. YG seems to have some interest in the potential parties involved. Our job is to identify the objective..."

"Jisoo, I think it would be best if I just explained the issue. The girls can read over the briefs tonight and tomorrow we can have a more cohesive meeting," Chae finished.

"Okay Chae. If you feel up to it then we can. But if you'd like to rest first we can hold it until tomorrow." Jisoo offered

"No, let me explain it now." Chae held everyone's attention.

"In early January of this year, I was approached with a job involving three high profile individuals. Each was female and all of them were in some way affiliated to the entertainment industry. Unfortunately the first two ladies on the paper in front of you are dead. The third is missing. The autopsies of each woman contained traces of an unidentified substance," Chae paused for any queries.

"Since YG's acquisition of this investigation their forensics department are still trying to understand what that substance may be. Regardless our task is to find the missing woman." Chae sat down

Glancing over the paper Jennie saw that the first victim was age 28. Hikari Taekada, a Japanese music producer working under Blast Studios which is based in Osaka. She passed away from a supposed aneurysm. The second victim is Elana Mobutu, a South African choreographer who created dances for a variety of artists. During her time of death she had been employed by a Chinese music company to work with one of their groups. However it seemed she was also employed by Nigerian popstar Ade the King to choreograph his upcoming music video. Finally Siyeon Li, a Korean who worked as a scouting agent for Deya Entertainment. It is the fourth largest idol company in Korea.

"Who was your client?" asked Lisa

"I can't reveal that to you. My joining YG and allowing them to partake in the investigation involves certain terms that they had to agree upon. Unfortunately my clientele and their confidentiality were non-negotiable."

They watched as Chae thought for a moment.

"But what I can tell you is that they only asked for me to locate these three women and if possible set up a meeting with them. At the time the other two women were only missing." Chae looked at them

"So is our objective to locate the missing woman?" asked Jennie

"Yes, we need to find her whereabouts and gather more information on the circumstances around the victim's death," said Jisoo.

"This seems more like something the authorities would be investigating. Or like Chae a private investigation. What interests does YG have in this?'' Jennie looked at Jisoo

"Yeah I agree with Jen. This agency mostly takes up clean up jobs for politicians. I've rarely heard of a team having to solve a murder mystery," added Lisa.

Jisoo and Chae looked at them knowingly. Both had thought the same thing. However YG was interested in the case and now Chae had to work in the company.

"Yeah we don't know either. But my client had told me that I wasn't the only one they had asked to investigate. YG apparently was the agency they had most liaisons with. The fact that I was a trainee with them made the client feel that it would be best to lead one collaborative investigation." Informed Chae

Jennie felt that something was off. It was clear Chae was uncomfortable with having to work with the agency. Also Lisa was right; this isn't the type of work YG did.

"Anyway, read up. I've emailed you the rest of the information. We'll continue tomorrow," Jisoo pointed to the papers in the girl's hand.

The group stayed in Lisa's office. They were busy filling Chae in about the ins and outs of YG and discussing any ideas on how to move forward with the case. As the clock above Lisa's fridge struck past 3pm they were all ready to head back to their living quarters. Lisa was going to show Chae to her room since they all lived on the same floor. As they made their way to the elevator, Lisa ramble on about the luxuries they each were afforded. Chae listened to her happily. Despite her concerns she was excited to be near her best friend again.

She glanced slightly at Jisoo and Jennie who weren't saying much. They looked at her and she gestured at how Lisa was yapping away. They smirked before Lisa interjected that she had seen that. They laughed together as Chae did her best to apologise. As Lisa swung her arm around her she knew she'd been forgiven.