Chapter Seventeen

Seeing the look on Jisoo's face when she entered the conference room, Chae already knew the answer. The older girl had been unsuccessful. Management still wasn't budging. Before, Jisoo could open her mouth to give them the news the red head got up and left. None of them made a move to follow her as they could see she did not want to be bothered. After the altercation with Cass, YG management had investigated the issue. Reviewing the injuries Cass had sustained they concluded that Chae had been the one at fault. Team Blackpink was placed under suspension. It has been two weeks and there was no sign of management changing their minds.

Jennie covered her mouth in consternation. She had not thought that the repercussions for her and Cass fight would extend to her team. Furthermore, it put a halt on the investigation, which was primarily Chae's. Taking a seat, Jisoo ushered the other girls to come closer. Lisa moved to the left side of the older girl while Jennie sat on her right. Taking a look at the door Jisoo whispered softly.

"Listen, management wants to have a meeting with us. Apparently YG himself is going to lead it,"

Jennie was shocked in to silence. It was rare for any team to meet with higher executives such as Teddy park and co. But the big boss wanting to talk to them himself was a sign of something else.

"They want to meet tomorrow. Also they said it must just be us," she peeked at the door.

"Just us?" Lisa queried.

"As in no Chae. They just want to meet with the original team," Jisoo leaned back.

Lisa's face morphed in to bewilderment. Something about this did not sit right with her. There was no reason for management to not have Chae at the meeting with them. In fact it would make more sense if they made it a point to have her there. She was also confused by the extended suspension. Chae had just broken Cass jaw and that was only to help Jennie. The conclusions management made of the event smelt rotten.

"That's weird, I wonder what it's about," Jennie questioned.

"We will just have to find out when we meet them. We can't tell her about it either," said Jisoo.

Gazing at her friend, Jennie could see the tinge of worry in her eyes. This was odd and she could understand Jisoo's feelings. They all considered Chae a part of the team and they were all determined to finish the investigation because they could sense how much it meant to the red head. However, they couldn't jump to conclusions and maybe this could be an opportunity for them to explain themselves. She began wondering where exactly Chae had went.

Jennie got up and said she was going to speak to the red head. Lisa and Jisoo watched as the brunette left the room gingerly. Jisoo leaned as far as she could in to the chair and tried to tame her thoughts. She had a bad feeling about all of this and often her intuition was always on the mark. Despite all the issues they were loyal to YG agency. It was mainly because it was all they had and it was all they knew. Chae on the other hand was different. She had just come on board and not entirely sure if she wanted to make it permanent. She and the rest of the girls didn't even really know what the terms for Chae working with YG actually were.

"Jisoo, something is off about this. He wants to talk to us personally? It just doesn't make sense. Surely this whole thing with Cass can be sorted out by the lower level of management," Lisa shook her head.

Jisoo nodded in agreement and repeated that they would just have to wait. She glanced at the blonde and liked the way her hair currently framed her face. It took her back to the night in the park. Lisa had been so honest with her and had clarified that she didn't really resent Jisoo. The Thai girl, after crying her soul out, had clarified that it really all stemmed down to the benefits foreigners in the company were not afforded. Lisa had made it clear that sometimes she just couldn't separate her Korean teammates from the privileges they got.