Chapter Forty Two

Eric rushed down the familiar stairwell. Darkness, all he saw was darkness. He couldn't see anything but the emerging footsteps made him fully aware that she was still behind him.

Chae's mind flashed with vivid memories.

Him clasping the leash around her. The injections. The convulsions. Pain, the wooden box, further pain. How he too her virginity. Pain. Her reaching out the box. Pain. Crying. Pain. No one coming...

She heard something. Ignoring it her eyes turned even darker. Eric continued further down as he turned. He thanked his family's knack to build underground tunnels. Moving expertly he searched for an escape.

Chae began to break in to a sprint as she saw him turn. This time she wouldn't let him get away. This time she'd kill him once and for all.

Jennie heard a heart piercing scream as she stopped shouting Chae's name. She urged herself to continue ahead. She needed to find Chae. A bullet flung past her. Ducking Jennie heard more shots coming. She turned in to a dark corridor and ran what looked like a tunnel. Cass continued to shoot as she saw the brunette begin to run. Her anger boiled as she followed her. Tonight, she would be the one ending things off.