Chapter Thirty Two

Jennie woke up in a fit and felt the wetness on her cheeks. Her head panged as she let out a yawn. She needed some air and placed on a robe before making her way out the back lawn.

The cold breeze helped dry her tears and she enjoyed the glow of the moon. Most nights she found herself reliving those last two days in Japan from start to finish. Each time Jennie woke up without having reached the car. She sat down on the swinging pouch and allowed it to rock her.

Her mind crippled under all her thoughts. It felt so long ago since that day. Far too long without Chae. Her heart dipped. She forced herself not to think about how the other woman wasn't with her.

They had no contact with any of their friends and family outside of this agency underworld. They were being hunted and couldn't afford to put innocent people at risk. However, they missed them dearly and Jennie found herself thinking of her mom and dogs.

Jisoo and Lisa were practically her family now. They needed each other like that but sometimes they would disagree on how to go about things. The arguments were a product of the stress they all felt. Regardless, they always resolved everything straight after. She rocked along and smiled at their hideout. Normal Surburbia.

Their neighbours were mainly young working class families struggling to get all the kids a carpool. A dog barked loudly as her thoughts drifted. The image of her, a little Chae look alike and the woman herself in a home similar to this flashed before her. Jennie smiled as the pouch lulled her. She imagined Chae kissing her as their daughter played with the dogs.

Her shoulders shook and she saw Lisa above her. She was fully dressed and apologised for being rough.

"You need to get up. 2NE1 want to meet right now, they texted the place," seeing the sun Jennie wondered how long she slept. She and Lisa made their way back in to the house and she saw that Jisoo was up as well. Sighing, she rushed in to her room to get changed.

Minzy watched as CL ordered the milkshake Rosé normally got and began to sip eagerly. It didn't escape Bom and Dara's eyes either. Ignoring it they waited without speaking. It has been a rough couple of months. A chunk of their networks had been damaged but they were able to remedy the situation. Hyolyn and Jessi were also managing their group to continue interrupting the agencies and Mr Jama's shipments to Japan. It was difficult but they were able to save quite a few trucks of children and stash away the drugs. Dara and Bom were in charge of finding the kids refuge and it to a lot of people to help them return the children to their families or safe foster families.

This was the main reason why they were worried for their networks because it also included a large amount of social workers and civil servants. This shit show went deep in to the governments around the world and there were many who wanted to see it come to an end. Thankfully things were slowly coming back around.

Except...

They had heard nothing from Chae. Hyuna and E'dawn were also missing and they didn't know how to get a hold of them. However, after re-establishing their links they'd heard that some of their informants in Italy had been visited by the couple. They would come looking for supplies but mostly information. Thus, they assumed they would contact them eventually.

The door to their booth opened and the three girls trickled in. The waitress was right behind them and immediately took their orders. Everyone greeted each other warmly and Jennie's eyes dropped down.

"That's Chae's favourite," she pointed with a small smile on her lips. Jisoo and Lisa joined her and soon the whole table was chatting up a storm.

"So we're all just staring, and Jisoo was fuming because of the bill," Lisa smiled.