Chapter Eleven

It has been four days and the girls weren't having much luck. Jennie and Jisoo had been around most of the city questioning Siyeon's family, friends and acquaintances. They had to pretend to be colleagues, police detectives or concerned friends. Unfortunately nothing turned up. They were currently out to go and finally meet with Siyeon's boss. He had cancelled consecutively since their initial turn up. But Jennie was in no mood for being pushed over.

They were on one of Deya's top floors and Mr Hai's PA approached them. The woman looked as done of seeing them as they were of her. Jennie knew what she was about to tell them.

"I'm sorry but Mr.."

Jennie and Jisoo pushed passed her before she could finish. Ignoring her calls they entered the man's office. He was in the middle of pouring himself a drink when his doors burst open.

"Good afternoon Mr Hai. We're the private investigators you've been ignoring so vehemently," Jisoo handed him a card.

His PA came in but he waved her off. His reluctance to speak to them was suspicious. He made his way to his desk and told them to take a seat.

"Are you not going to offer us a drink?" Jisoo grinned

Mr Hai appeared to be in his late 30's. He was young for a man in his position. He was wearing a gray suit and had light sweat on his face. The outline of his cheekbones spoke of extreme exhaustion. Dismissing Jisoo he spoke.

"I'm sorry I've had to cancel on you. It's been rough lately," he loosened his tie.

They asked him their routine questions. He told them that though Siyeon reported directly to him, the weeks before her disappearance she had not been focused on work. Three days before she went missing he had given her the option of taking a break.

"When she sent in the papers, I just took her not coming in as taking up the offer," he gulped down his drink.

"What papers?" asked Jennie

He made his way to the drinks cabinet and prepared another. With his back facing them he answered.

"The leave papers. You need to fill in the request form for HR and your manager just needs to sign them off. After the chat we had, I wasn't surprise with HR giving me a call about her papers and I signed them without thinking much about it." He sat down

His PA came in, informing him about an urgent call with a Mr Jama. Rubbing his temples he thanked her.

"I'm sorry but I have an important video call with one of our key shareholders and our vice president. If there is nothing else then I would have to ask you to leave." He chugged down the drink

They urged him to give them a call if anything popped up. He shook his head solemnly. Before closing the door he paused.

"I really hope you find her. She was one of our most valued assets. Please send my hopes to her family" with that he shut the door.

Lisa looked at the white walls and felt very grateful that she did not work in the forensics department. She tried inhaling through her mouth but instead grabbed on to Chae's wrist as she thought she was physically choking due to the density of the room. Chae forcefully removed Lisa's hand and gave her a look that said she needed to chill. Asu came back in to the office and apologised for making them wait.

Unfortunately they have not entirely found out what the contents of the substance are. But they have discovered that it was possibly a dangerous cocktail of heroin, chloride and a plant that is still unidentified. They were currently attempting to deduce what the effects might be on the human body. However that was difficult not knowing what all the ingredients were. They thanked her and made their way back up to the conference room. As they waited Chae saw that the elevator was heading down to level -2.