Chapter Twenty Five

Hyolyn peered down at the warehouse and saw that Chae and Lee were busy at work. She was impressed. The first thing they had done was to take photographic evidence. She saw that Chae even went as far as to picture the boxing manufacturing labels. When they had help to cargo everything they hadn't even thought of that.

"Should we go help them?" she ate some popcorn as she adjusted the binoculars. Hearing the suggestion, Jessi's head bounced off her seat. She looked at her partner in shock, with eyes wide open.

"Are you out of your mind," she said. But Hyolyn urged her to look and Jessi took the binoculars from her. Reluctantly she peered down and saw the two girls working thoroughly. Briefly she contemplated the comfort of their luxury car to the dusty warehouse. Her choice was immediate. Handing the binoculars back she shrugged seemingly unbothered.

"The cost of living is too high," she said. Hyolyn looked at her dumbfounded.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you honestly think those two can afford our rates for moving boxes? Just look at your nails," staring at her fingers she took in what Jessi said. Her nails had cost a fortune. Taking back what she said, Hyolyn asked her partner to pour them champagne.

Time had passed them and they soon realised they had been busy for over an hour. Lee thought that they had done more than enough and that it was time to head back. The drive was filled with aches, complaints and good humour. When they parked Lee's car underground Chae invited her up to her room.

"Oops, definitely not a good idea Rosie. That's a tad too much and folks won't like it. No harm in you coming down but there's problems if I come up," She said. Chae pouted sadly but Lee said she was going straight to bed anyway. Though it was still broad daylight, she felt like she had worked for years. They bid farewell as Lee got off her floor. Chae promised she would come round for some Rosé tomorrow. On her floor, she thought to knock on Jisoo's door. It was still locked and she found the other's rooms were too. She wondered how she got back before them. Texting them she headed straight for the shower.

Jisoo took out her phone, put it on silent and tried to go back to sleep. Jennie told Lisa that Chae was home and they joked that the red head had beaten them to the punch. Traffic officers had made the rounds from car to car. Apparently two cars had exploded on a head on collision and the traffic was jammed because there was only one road on to the highway from here. They moved at a snail's pace but 20 minutes later traffic was flowing.

Not long after they saw the agency building and Lisa placed them in park. They made their way to their separate rooms. Jisoo placed a message on the group that they would have a meeting in an hour's time. They felt it was best to just sift through what they could today and continue tomorrow. With what Lisa had been able to get, it seemed like it would take a few days' work. Seeing the message Chae realised she had an hour to kill time. Lee had sent her a selfie before dosing off to sleep.

She chuckled at her friend. Fetching her hardrive from her room she settled on to the couch. It was a compact thing but her laptop was small. She connected everything and soon the spread sheets and photographs were before her. She inserted today's events in her log. She added Hyuna to her network database and decided to search for anyone who was affiliated to her. It was really this tool that allowed Chae to not be surprised by who 2NE1 had recruited. Most people mistake her nonchalance for cluelessness. She liked it that way.

Uploading the photos from her phone and those Lee had sent she knew what they actually needed to do was to count the amount of syringes in each box. Unless they could find the actual inventory documents. She knew that the liquid was most likely the substance V. It was the name they had designated for it. But where exactly was it meant to go? Certainly not that warehouse. She needed to talk to someone from 2NE1. Her eyes scanned over Hyuna's associates. She added them to the database. The list was vast. She saw her mentors and smiled at their young faces. She heard a knock on her door.