Chapter Twenty Seven

Lisa sat across Jennie and Jisoo. They hadn't spoken to each other the whole day yesterday and Chae was forced to go from room to room to see if everyone was well. She had doted upon each of them having no clue to what's going on. Her kindness had pained the blonde further. They all needed to be on the same page. Lisa had gone to speak to her girlfriend alone this morning and organised this brunch out of the sight of agency ears.

When they had spoken, Jisoo clarified that she was acting out of fear. She was losing somebody. So the purple haired girl did what she'd done her whole life and just resorted to pushing everyone away. Lisa made her position clear. That type of behaviour would not be tolerated because right now they needed each other. She repeated Jisoo's own words to her.

The older girl had accepted her faults graciously and desperately wanted to find a solution to all of this. She was happy that her girlfriend was such a fighter. Jennie, on the other looked like death attending his own funeral. She was in all black and Lisa bulked at the return of those thick black sunglasses. Seeing her reaction Jennie took them off.

"We really need to come to a decision," said Lisa.

"I know," said Jennie. Jisoo nodded and they all sipped quietly on their tea as they tried to discover a way out of this. Jennie released an exhausted breath.

"But if we talk to her, it could put her at risk," she said.

"It's not like she's not," remarked Jisoo. Their food arrived and they waited patiently for the waitress to place each dish before them. The girl kindly told them to enjoy and skipped away.

"They've been following all of us. I wouldn't be surprised if they send eyes on us in Japan. If we don't do it, I'm sure YG will send someone to do it instead," said Lisa. Jennie sat thinking deeply with her hands fisted in front of her mouth. She was trying to go over everything they knew.

"Why?" she asked. Lisa and Jisoo sat in anticipation.

"Why give us a choice?"

It was one of the main things that bothered her. YG had a plethora of resources at his disposal. Why make them choose? Why them? The others took in what she said and again they all sat thinking.

"We're flying tonight," Lisa chirped. Her voice was laced in nerves. They didn't have the time. She piled some food in to her mouth.

"We need to figure out why exactly Chae would do this. YG's telling us it's a threat to the agency". But why?" asked Jisoo

"What is it anyway?" she added. Lisa chewed quickly. All they had were questions. She never thought thinking would be this hard.

"Let's just kill YG. It'd be far easier," Lisa ate some more as Jisoo smirked. She didn't mind her girlfriend's suggestion.

"Maybe we should just kill some people in her network," said Jennie. Lisa nearly choked. Jisoo pushed her glass of water towards her.

"Did you see who she's working with?" Lisa sipped on the water and shook her head in disbelief. Jennie knew her friend had a point. Chae was connected with incredibly skilled agents. Renegades or not, the majority of them were veterans.

"Either kill Chae or her network," Jisoo murmured. Both options seemed insurmountable. Jennie began to dig in to her food and tasted nothing. Reaching for the tomato sauce she squirted it all over.

"Her network is powerful. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if we do attempt to finish any of them and we end up being killed," Jisoo continued. They were stuck between a rock and a hard place.

"I can't kill Chipmunk, I just can't," Lisa shook her head. She tried to fathom what in the fuck Chae has gotten herself in to. This was horrible.

"None of us can. I think we need help," said Jennie. The others looked confused.

"I think we don't really matter in the bigger scheme of things. Whatever that may be. We don't trust YG but I have the feeling he trusts us not kill Chae," she said.

"Actually I'm sure he knows we won't. So why make us do this? It just had to be us?" Jennie continued. Lisa was beginning to understand what the brunette was telling them. She nodded slowly.

"Why should we choose?" she said. Jisoo caught on immediately and they all began to put forth ideas on how they could come up with a plan where they wouldn't need to.

Dara's eyes followed the three girls exiting the restaurant as her waitress asked if everything was okay. She nodded at the young girl as she placed down the third cup of refill coffee. She pulled down the mask and sipped on the warm drink. Bom returned from the restroom and plonked down softly. She watched as Dara drank in concentration. It was rare to see her so serious but she didn't blame her. Everything they had just overheard made things far more complicated.

Irene thanked Solar as she handed her a drink. Wheein, Joy and Wendy were busy prepping the meat while Namjoon stoked the fire. She heard splashing and saw that Yeri was trying to swim away from Hwasa's attacks. Jimin clapped happily as Jungkook bombed in to the pool shocking both women. Hwasa moved like a shark on the hunt. Her gaze returned and she saw Jin put down a winning hand. Seulgi called him a cheat and Moonbyul threw her cards at him. She and Solar shook their heads in unison at their girlfriends' stupidity. She felt her phone and moved away from the ensuing argument.

"Hey Jen," she felt grateful for the distraction.

"Hi Irene, how are you?''

"Just...socialising," the word felt foreign in her mouth. Jennie giggled softly.

"That sounds out of your comfort zone, with who? If I may ask,"

"Team BTS are actually in Korea for once. Jin wanted a little reunion with Bear and Moon. Unfortunately we had to bring all the kids as well," Irene shook her head as Yeri and Hwasa beat up Jungkook while Jimin continued to clap happily as he cheered them on.

"Sounds delightful, anyway I was hoping you had a moment. But it seems like your busy," Irene stopped her and told her to tell her what's on her mind. Jennie sighed deeply and made it clear that it could take a while. Irene looked up. She saw that Solar had enlisted the help of Yoongi and Jhope to rip Moon and Bear off Jin. Moving a little further away from the noise, Irene told her she had time.

Jisoo watched as Lisa skyped with Sorn. It appeared the girl was happy to hear from her friend. Her own phone pinged and she saw that Nayoung had replied. She'd only be available in an hour and Jisoo typed that it worked for her. She got up to go fetch a drink. She needed something far stronger than her current soda water.

Taeyong jumped a little as he saw who was calling him. He wondered what his sunbaenim needed. Listening carefully he quickly agreed to help. When she was done explaining the task, he knew exactly what to do.

Returning he hurriedly asked Taeil and Johnny to help gather all the units. Irene placed the phone in her pocket and made her way back. Upon her arrival she saw that V had gotten involved as well.

The three men seemed to be struggling and Jin looked like he desperately needed to breathe. Solar and Yoongi had managed to pull Moon back but Bear was still pounding Jin. Rolling up her sleeves, she wished her girlfriend wasn't such a sore loser.

Jennie stood in the door as Chae checked her luggage bag. The red head hadn't noticed her presence. It gave her an opportunity to just watch. Chae blew up her cheeks as she thought of anything she was missing. It made her look her age. Releasing the air she zipped the bag and rolled it against the wall.

Turning she saw the brunette and didn't flinch. She gave her beautiful smile. Jennie swallowed deeply as Chae walked over to her. The younger girl playfully pulled at her ears and it made her smile. Wondering how long she would be allowed to do this, she wrapped her arms tightly around the red heads slim waist.