Chapter Sixteen

Jennie placed the bag by the base of the seat. She believed that was all of the other woman's stuff. She wanted no traces of her in her personal space and after today she will stay as far away from her as she could. Cass had still to say anything, and her silence was a bit worrying. However, Jennie was never going to allow her or anyone else to treat her like a punching bag. What she did to Chae was a wakeup call. There was nothing left to salvage from this relationship and honestly she never loved Cass.

It was a relationship of convenience, and it really just benefited the blonde. Jennie had found her attractive in the beginning and Cass relentless efforts to chase her was nice. She had enjoyed the attention and didn't see any harm in trying things out. But not too long after, she realised that Cass was only aiming to boost her own reputation. Bagging YG's Princess was a token of success and it helped to secure the older woman with some sort of credibility. Jennie never understood how that worked because in her mind hard work and persistence is what got you ahead. However it appeared Cass methods worked far better than her own. Her team gained in status while Blackpink was stunted, Cass network had grown while Jennie stayed moping with her team members.

Suddenly the dynamics had changed and Cass was the one who had the secured reputation while Jennie was just her show piece. In their relationship any glimpses of chemistry had vanished and it seemed to Jennie that she was just there for the other woman's pleasure. Then the beatings began. It had started when Jennie disagreed with the blonde during a visit to team Thesaurus. It was something minor but the moment they were in Cass room she hit her for embarrassing her in front of her friends. Jennie had been so stunned and decided to forgive the blonde the moment she showed remorse. But it was all pretence and she continued to hit her. But not anymore.

"That should be everything. It's over Cassidy. I'm breaking up with you. I refuse to stay in this farce anymore," Jennie stood waiting.

The other woman's eyes shifted down to the bag. This was unexpected but then again it also wasn't. She wondered if it had to do with what happened in the car the other day. She had to get the younger girl back on her side. Jennie was a major reason why Cass was able to move up the ranks. As a foreigner it was an uphill battle to ever get near management's eye but her girlfriend had helped tremendously. Jennie was critical in the agency taking her more seriously because at the time when they started dating the younger's status was high. Despite Blackpink's stagnation, Jennie was still a firm favourite and that was getting Cass places. She needed to fix this.

"Jen if this is about the other day. I'm sorry okay. I promise it will never happen again," Jennie bit her inner lip.

"You've said that many times before and it was all lies, I don't"

"Then I'll really try this time. I'll go see a therapist. I'll find other ways to release my anger. I'll really try but please don't give up on us," she stood up.

"No Cass, it's over. I don't want to be with you. I don't want to fix anything. Please just take your stuff and go," Jennie placed her hands on her hips.

"So you're just going to give up on us. Jennie come on. I love you!" her anger was boiling.

"I only hear those words from you when you need me. No Cass this relationship is done. Please just get out. I'm done talking about this," Jennie turned to head to her room.

Seeing it all slip away the rage blinded her. Pulling the back of Jennie's hair Cass jerked her to the ground. Jennie yelped in surprise and could not block the incoming punch. Cass had cut the side of her lip with her knuckles but Jennie was prepared for the second punch. She blocked the attack with her forearm and used all her strength to push the blonde off of her. Cass fell back slightly but kicked Jennie in the torso. Moving back, Jennie tried to get on her feet quickly. She did but Cass was faster. The blonde tackled her in to the living room table. She screamed as the wood broke her fall. Chae ran towards Jennie's door as she heard the terrifying sound.