Chapter Thirty Five

Gain...Gain...

"Gain!" He pulled the leash and her neck snapped back at the unexpected force. Crawling quickly she made her way to his desk. He patted the top of her head once she sat crossed legged by his side.

"What's the matter with you today? I was calling you for quite a bit," he continued to pat her head as she gave him a confused look. She hadn't heard him at all.

He placed on the gloves and disinfected the needle. Pushing back the chair he bent down and told her to keep still. The syringe pierced her skin as he inserted the liquid. He set the timer.

They waited and once the beep repeatedly forced itself in to the air, he gave her a fantastic smile. It made his bright green eyes sparkle. His fingers trailed through his curly hair.

"Well done, Gain. You're really doing well," he took off the gloves and grabbed her leash. Leading her back outside, her neck pushed against the rope. It was cutting her skin and she knew he wouldn't replace it.

Her brain felt like it was swelling but she forced her eyes open. She couldn't let him see that the drugs had an effect. Gain crawled hurriedly behind him as he made it to her box. The gravel crushed underneath his steps.

He secured her leash and opened the wooden door for her. Before she was fully inside he asked her to turn around. She saw that he'd bent down to her level with the sunset light highlighting his face. Placing a lingering kiss on her lips he smiled beautifully.

"I'm really proud of you Gain. You really are the best decision I've ever made," he locked her up inside and she allowed the darkness to comfort her.

Chae found herself drenched in sweat. Rolling her tongue around her mouth, she made her way to the bathroom. The night was still and she saw that there were no lights on in Hyuna and E'dawn's room.

The water woke her up further and the drying cloth felt like straw. Returning, she switched on her bedroom light and headed towards the desk. Pen in hand she began to write.

It helped her to calm down and she'd written a few solid songs so far. She reached for the guitar and began to strum a little. Singing softly, her mind felt a little at peace. She stopped.

The words came to her as she thought of the sudden melody. Filling the page, she yawned. The tiredness had returned. Closing the book, she made her way to her bed again. She searched on her phone for one of her favourite poets.

Songs, planning his death and poetry. This is what allowed her to continue forward in these last few months. She read over Rumi's words:

When someone quotes the old poetic image

about clouds gradually uncovering the moon,

slowly loosen knot by knot the strings

of your robe.

Like this.

She thought of the way Jennie's fingers had so easily unbuttoned her that night. The brunette had been so gentle and she was thankful for it. In Jennie's hands Chae had never felt so fragile.

She placed the phone down and moved to switch off her light. It hurt to think of the brunette, knowing that she had placed her life in danger. Chae slipped under the covers and rubbed her eyes.

She was the reason why Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie were being hunted. She shivered at the thought of any of them being dead. Blinking, she thought it would have been best if they had never met her.

Her pulse skipped as she felt unworthy of their loyalty. If only they knew how weak she really was. She turned to her side. She needed to kill him. Moreover, she needed to kill him on her terms.

It was the least he could give her after all she was forced to give him. She wondered about what would happen later that day. Would he be shocked to see her? Would he care?

She turned again. All that mattered to her was ending this. That way she'd be able to return to 2NE1 and work more closely on bringing the other culprits down. The image of a laughing Jennie fizzed before her. More importantly she needed to end this, so that she could return to her.

Siyeon sat shocked as he told her they were leaving right this moment. She gave him a stern look and saw that he had no bags with him.

"What are you talking about Eric?"

"I said we're leaving right now, I've already got the pilot fixing the private jet. Come, the driver's waiting," he clapped his hands at her and urged her to hurry. She had the incredible urge to choke him.

"What about all our stuff here? Eric, look at the time, this is unreasonable," he moved to slam down her laptop and shoved her out of her bed. Leading her to her closet he barked at her to get dress.

She did quickly and once she was done he grabbed her arm again. Throwing her in to the back seat of the limo, he slid in beside her. She saw he still had her laptop but peculiarly he was looking around nervously.

The driver sped off and he handed her the laptop. Eric Dupont forced his heart to calm down. He was still reeling from the nightmare of her placing a leash around his neck. Rubbing his throat the image terrified him. He knew they needed to go back to where he was sure neither her real nor imaginary figure could touch him.

Hyuna barged in to the sitting room with E'dawn right behind her. Chae stalked upstairs, gun in hand towards the bedrooms. The villa was dead quiet and they knew Siyeon and Eric were alone. Hyuna and E'dawn separated but soon reconvened in the sitting room.

Chae came back downstairs with an exasperated expression. Hyuna went to look throughout the villa but there were signs of no one. E'dawn plonked down on to the couch.

"They're not here," Chae stated the obvious with a sense of anger. He'd managed to slip out of her hands again.

Hyuna returned with papers in hand. She sat next to her boyfriend and released a frustrated sigh.

"It looks like they left sometime last night. But at least we got some more evidence," she threw down the papers and got up to look out of the window. The trees rustled as a breeze strolled through their branches, the blue sky served as a beautiful backdrop for the stretching hills. It was just another day in paradise.

They waited three days before receiving word that Siyeon Li was spotted in Seoul. Hyuna's sources were certain that it was her. Two hours after receiving the news they were packed inside the car, off to the airport.

Siyeon boarded the private jet in complete fury. YG had refused to speak to her and she had made the effort to come to South Korea herself. She knew the man was up to no good and by now was certain Park Chaeyoung was not dead. As the plane flew up in to the air she contemplated how she would convince Eric.