Chapter Eighteen

Lisa sat in absolute disbelief as she listened to the instructions YG was currently giving them. It had taken him awhile to even acknowledge their existence as they sat in his office but now she wished he had continued to ignore them. She turned to the others. Jisoo's face was stone cold while Jennie looked as stunned as she was.

"I'm sure you understand how important this is to the agency. You girls are in a very special position and there is no other team I would trust with this," he took a sip of his cup of coffee.

Questions bombarded Jennie as she refused to accept what they had just been told. If this man was seriously considering this then he had to give them more information than this. She wondered if any of them were in the position to question him.

"Sir, are you certain about this. We have gotten to know Chae..Chaeyoung and we have no reason to believe something other than that she's interested in finishing the investigation," she said.

"I must agree with her Sir. We have been able to grow as a unit and it has mainly been because of the addition of Park Chaeyoung. She has,"

Yang Hyun-Suk stood up abruptly and made his way to the couch the girls were sitting in. He brought a chair with and placed it in front of them. Lisa tried not to give him the stink eye as he told them to huddle closely.

"Listen girls. All I have is your best interest at heart. So let's talk about this. Together," he gave them a closed lip smile.

Jisoo saw that the founder of the agency was willing to hear them out. She took that as a sign that maybe they could get through to him.

"Like I was saying Sir, she has really helped us and we do not think she has any hidden agendas," Jisoo was glad she could finish her thoughts.

YG sat quietly as he listened to what the girls were saying. He looked at each of them intently and could see that this would be more difficult than what he had initially assumed. These girls needed convincing but he felt certain to where their loyalties lie.

"I understand where you are coming from. It's clear to me that you will have to see this for yourself. This is something I respect and I have no issue with that," he leaned back as he thought.

"How about this. I will lift the suspension on the team and allow you to finish the investigation. While doing so you all can observe Ms Park's behaviour and actions. Once you know the truth, I have no doubt in my mind you will do what I have instructed you to do," he got up and gave them another smile.

The girls nodded in understanding. As they left he asked for a group hug. They could not deny him and so they circled around. It lasted barely a few seconds but Lisa wanted to get as far away from this man's side as possible. They made their way to the door before he asked to speak to Jennie privately. Jennie headed towards the seat in front of his desk and Lisa gave Jisoo a look that said they shouldn't leave. However, YG told them to go.

Sitting by his desk YG gave Jennie an assuring nod. She waited for him to begin and he did while offering her a drink. She declined politely.

"Jennie, I've called you aside because I am deeply concerned about you. The issue with Cassidy was unfortunate as I was told that you two were quite a good match. "

Jennie resisted the urge to bite her lip as she knew that this would most likely be the topic of conversation.

"She and I just didn't work. But I agree it's unfortunate."

"I guess it is a good thing in the long run. You have and continue to be one of our most highly regarded agents. A little love quarrel would never change that."