II) Epigraph

The infant girl looked up at the sandy hair man with curiosity and fear. The man looked at the infant child with both curiosity and disbelief. He was feared by many and never settled down with one woman. He glanced over at the woman that sat across from him in wonder. The child's mother had called him to discuss important matters.

"You're sure she is mine" the man asked the woman as he watched the infant play on the floor.

"Yes I am. Look I know it may be impossible, but I'm telling you the truth" the woman assured him. She had no intention to hand him the sweet baby girl. The woman thought that he would like to know about his daughter even if he never wanted anything to do with her. The man, however, had another idea for his child.

"I want to take her with me" he said smiling at the infant as she made faces at him. He still did not believe that this
child was his but knew that if she actually was, he wanted her by his side.

"What? No, you're not taking her" the young mother said picking up the fessy baby.

"Why not love" he questioned.

"Um do you remember everyone you have pissed off over the years" woman says glaring at him. The man thought about it and knew she had a fair point. He did not want to endanger such an innocent life with all the madness of his. He sighed looking at the mother and child before kneeling down, so he could talk with the child.

"I promise you that I will not be far if you ever need me...." he trailed off looking up at the young mother. The mother frown before realizing she had never told him the name of their baby girl.

"Asteria" the mother replied with a small smile.

"Asteria, a perfect name for a beautiful baby girl. Well Asteria, I promise to do everything I can to protect you..... always and forever"