15) Saving Damon

It's been sometimes since we buried John and Jenna. It's been some time since everything that happened and yet, we still have not found my dad nor my uncle. I'm still getting used to the magic and everything thus came with it once the curse was broken. I share Damon's room with him while we work on clearing out a room for me to occupy. This pretty much leads to me standing in front of the bathroom mirror checking out my injuries from when my car went over the bridge. Everything is slowly getting better, but I still refuse to use magic to heal it. Just because my life is messed up does not mean I still should not act normal. I was cleaning out and putting fresh clean bandages on when it began to smell like something was burning followed by a thud echoing the boarding house. I frown and stopped what I was doing to go see what was going on.  I saw Stefan walking from the basement causing me to frown.

"Is everything okay" I asked frowning.

"Uh yeah everything is okay" he says making me sigh. Stefan and Damon has been acting weird which means they are hiding something from me.

"Come on Stefan, please tell me what's really happening"

"Let's finish dressing your injuries" Stefan says changing the topic again. I decided to just drop it for now and follow him back up to the bathroom to finish putting new bandages on.
~•~
After spending the majority of my day lounging  around in bed reading, I decided to get up and grab a drink. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs and looked towards the basement door while biting my lip. I gave into my curiosity and went down into the basement and looked around as I wonder why Stefan was down here. I looked into the cell and saw Damon causing me to frown and quickly open the door.

"Damon why are you in here"

"Stay back... please" he asked sounding weak as I came closer to him. I frowned worriedly as I saw his arm and how pale he was at this point. He must have been bitten by a werewolf and now suffering the side effects of it.

"No, I'm going to stay right here okay" I said sitting down next to him causing him to stiffen before moving over slowly and resting against my left side. I held him close and very gently played with his hair.

"I didn't want you or Elena to know"

"I know, but I rather know in order to help" I said softly before using magic to try and lessen the pain. This seemed to help as Damon relaxed a little bit more. I looked up when I heard someone walking towards us as Damon checked out the bite again.

"Well that looks bad" Alaric says looking over at Damon.

"It feels worse... and my subconscious is haunting me, Ric. Please tell me you got something for that" Damon pleads as he goes over and grabs his ring.

"A double shot" Ric says before the pair began to talk about Stefan. I quickly got up when Damon grabbed Alaric by the throat begging him to kill him. I panicked and quickly used magic to make Damon pass out before he could do anything else. I watch Damon hit the ground mumbling about Elena while I fixed him before leaving with Ric.

"That was magic"

"Yes"

"I thought you were human"

"So did I but that's the least of my worries. We need to focus on Damon" I pointed out causing him to nod. I went through every book in the house to find a way to cure him before getting annoyed.