04) A Mother's Worry (Original)

Miss. Ellsin POV
~•~
I paced the length of my living room recalling the conversation I had the other day with the ancient walking sperm donor. I could not let him get anywhere near Asterisa nor could I even do it alone. After getting of the phone with the original hybrid, I made a few calls to try and figure out a way to keep him from seeing her. I know what you are thinking and before you say anything, it is not like that at all. It is not because I do not want my daughter to know her father, but I do not want her associated with the destruction and trouble that follows that man. I jumped quickly when my phone rang, breaking the silence that had previously filled the room.

"Hello" I answered not bothering to see who was calling.

"Kay, its Marcel" my best friend of a long time says causing me sight out in relief.

"Hey Marcel, look I know it's last minute but would you be able to take her this weekend" I asked regarding the message I left him.

"Kay, I would never say no to taking my favorite girl in for a weekend" he says causing me to smile.

"You do not know how much I appreciate this Marcel"

"I know you do. I finally get to spoil my god daughter for an entire weekend" Marcel says causing me to burst out laughing. We took a little bit of time to catch up before we hanged up. I went up to see if Asteria was ready to go to the airport, so she didn't miss her flight.

"Asteria honey are you all packed" I asked walking into her room. I watched amusingly as my daughter was struggling to get her suitcase to shut properly.

"Almost mom, I just need to get this closed" she says before finally closing and zipping it up. We talked for a little bit before the ride I arranged for her came to pick her up. Once she left, I grabbed my phone and called the one and only person close to Niklaus.

"Kayla, is everything okay" the person asked causing me to sigh.

"Niklaus called...."
~•~
"I will be coming into town soon, but Kayla you have to tell her something" the person sighs after I explained the phone call.

"What do I tell her? How do I explain to her that her dad is a deadly and evil man" I asked rubbing my forehead.

"You do not have to tell her about that, but you can tell her about me" they answered causing me to bite my lip.

"You sure you're ready for that" I say walking into my room.

"I am sure Kayla.... it's time for you to let me help" the person says causing me to nodded to myself.

"Alright, I'll tell her all about you" I muttered. After talking for a bit more, I hung up and plopped down on to my bed. This is going to be hard to explain to her, but I have faith that she will understand. Once the weekend passed, Asteria came back home excited to tell me about her time with Marcel in New Orleans.

"And then he bought me these records" she says excitedly as she showed me the vinyls Marcel bought her.

"That's great sweetie, but I think we should talk about something" I say softly smiling at her causing her to frown.

"What's wrong mom" she questions sitting next to me.

"Nothing is wrong sweetie. I just want to tell you a little bit about our dysfunctional family" I answered grabbing her hand. She smiled softly and nodded for me to go on and talk to her.

"Well for now, let me tell you about your Uncle Elijah...."