16) Smells like Teen Spirit

I had no intention of being away from Mystic Falls as long as I was. A few days after graduating, I went down to New Orleans to visit the university I would be attending. I had orientation along with a schedule tour thanks to my Uncle Marcel. While I was away, I still looked and followed my father's and best friend's trail to try and find them. To add to that, I kept in touch with Damon and Elena to see if they have heard anything either. I still have yet to explain to either one of them what I was supernaturally. I also still have yet to talk to my mom since the whole thing happened that night.

Look, I know how idiotic it sounds, but I am working on it. Anyways, I returned home and was ready to tackle our most current issue with Stefan missing.
~•~
"You sure you do not want me there" I asked Damon as I pulled up to the cemetery. Apparently, he had a plan that involved Katherine waking up Mikael but did not trust her enough to do it herself.

"I'm sure, Alaric and I have the warrior princess" he replied causing me to sigh.

"Alright but any issues though, just call me"

"Will do princess" Damon says before hanging up. I walked into the tomb that Katherine was in and smirked while I amusingly watched her trying to wake the very old vampire up. I watched her try to shove the wrist of her latest victim in Mikael's mouth.

"If you are done wasting your snack, I'll take some" I said causing her to look over at me really annoyed. I smirked and walked over and grabbed the wrist out of her hand. I began to drink the random man dry before dropping him to the ground.

"Who turned you" Katherine asked amused as she looked over at Mikael to see if he moved at all.

"Let's just say when my dad broke his curse, it unlocked way more than it should"

"Still does not explain why you are a vampire now"

"I guess you can say I was born with vampire blood in my system. Well, I was shot by one of the deputies whenever we were trying to save Damon"

"Damn" Katherine says looking me up and down. I rolled my eyes before trying to help her wake Mikael up to get things moving. I watched her hold a man up to Mikael's mouth with blood dripping from his neck.

"No... get it away" Mikael whispers weakly causing Katherine and I looked at each other.

"You need blood"

"Get it away from me"

"You heard him Kat" I said causing Katherine to roll her eyes and toss the poor man a side.

"Happy" Katherine asked Mikael who mutters a thank you.

"I remember you... Chicago 1920s. You were looking for Klaus... You are not so scary for a badass vampire vampire hunter" Katherine says with a sigh. I studied the pair as I tried to figure out why he was so against us giving him blood. This is going to be a long time before we can convinced him to come with us.
~•~
I was laying across the ground as Katherine laced around the room as we waited for Mikael to collect himself. I sighed and sat up before deciding to use magic to see what was going on with the others. I began to do the spell causing the wind to start and pick up as I closed my eyes.

~Vision~
I opened my eyes again to see that I was standing next to Alaric as he and Elena talked while an unconscious Stefan was out like a light.

"You seem- Uh- not sober" Alaric tell Elena

"I'm fine... let's just get him out of here" she says before Alaric carries Stefan to his car. I turned to see Vicki causing me to frown and look around to see us in the parking lot.

"Vicki what the hell are you doing"

"It is the only way I can stay here" she said looking over at me before dropping whatever it was in her hand. I frowned and looked over to see Alaric's car. I gasped as a fire began to burn along the gasoline trail leading to his car making me quickly head over there. I went over and tried to use magic to get the fire to stop when I spotted a woman standing a few feet away.

"Help! Please they are my friends" I begged pleadingly.

"Balance needs to be restored" the woman says before raising a hand.

~End of Vision~

I gasped as I came back to reality causing the wind to completely stop. I looked around to see Katherine staring at me amused before tilting her head.

"I do not know what happened, but are you done? It's getting dark" Katherine remarks gesturing to the candles.

"Sorry for making sure my friends were okay"

"Like they care if you were"

"What does that mean"

"Nothing" Katherine says making things go silent. She began to light the tomb candles, so we were not sitting in complete darkness. I glanced over at Mikael to really study his physical being. He began to talk to Katherine, but I tuned it out until I heard Mikael say something.

"I don't feed on living things"

"Then what do you eat" Katherine asked confused. I shoved Katherine in front of me as Mikael bared his fangs at us. Yes I know it's selfish, but she also had karma coming for her. Mikael climbed out of his coffin and looked over at me.

"And now who are you and how do you know Klaus"

"Well my name is Asteria and... well he screwed over my mom"

"Come Asteria, we have much to discuss" Mikael says holding out his hand. I looked over at Katherine before smirking and taking his hand. She will be fine, and I am sure Damon along with the others will not miss Katherine at all.