03) A Father's Return (Original)

Niklaus's POV
~•~
I looked at the most recent picture of the only child I can ever have in my life.... my only heir. My dearest Asteria may not know who I am, but she will find out when the time is right. Her mother makes sure to send me pictures of Asteria every birthday and special occasions. I wish I could have my daughter by my side to see the world but that is only a dream. With all those who are my enemies, I cannot risk the chance of her getting hurt.

"Niklaus..." a voice calls out causing me to turn around. It was one of the vampires I have sent to Mystic Falls to check on some information I have heard.

"Yes" I answer wanting to hear what this person has to say.

"The doppelgänger is in Mystic Falls. Her name is Elena Gilbert" the young vampire says causing me to smirk.

"Good, maybe I can finally go there and get rid of the curse... even go see my daughter in person" I said turning my back to the young vampire. I would be able to finally see Asteria in person and maybe even take her with me.

"Sir, there is one more thing" the vampire says causing me to turn back to them.

"What is it" I asked walking over.

"Your daughter... her and a few friends were attacked by a werewolf the other night. She was scrapped up pretty good but she is perfectly fine now" she explains. I stared at her for a moment letting the information sink in before grabbing my phone.

"We are leaving tomorrow love" I said causing her to nod and rush off to pack. I dialed a number before calling it and holding my phone up to my ear.

"Hello" the voice on the other end answers.

"Hello love" I said with a small smirk.

"What the hell Klaus? You know not to call me" Asteria's mother says causing me to chuckle.

"I wouldn't have to if I would know about what's going on with our daughter" I comment causing a sigh to come before her end.

"It's just some scrapes, I checked them out" she assured me causing an unseen eye roll from me.

"Done by a werewolf love. I'll be coming to Mystic Falls soon and I hope to see you and my daughter" I say smirking.

"You know the deal Niklaus! You know why you cannot see her" she explains.

"Oh I'm not just coming for her, but I want to see her. You will not stop me either love" I said before hanging up. I looked over at the most recent picture of my heir that her mother sent me. She has grown so much and I no longer wish to miss out on anything else in her life. I sighed knowing soon yeah I will finally be able to get rid of this horrid curse and see my daughter in person.

Soon I can show her our kingdom she will rule over as my heir.....