18) Ordinary People

I slid across the floor of the boarding house as I danced around in one of Damon's shirts that he lend me. After splitting up with Mikael, I decided to patch things up with my mom before spending the night at the Salvatores. Before you think of anything, Damon and I had a movie night and nothing else. The ' Elena squad' gave me very little update as to what they have planned and what they were doing today. I know that Elena is going to find out the Mikaelson family story after they found some cave drawings in a near by cave. Anyways, I was loudly singing along with Eye of the Tiger until the music abruptly stopped. I frowned and turned around to see a blonde headed woman standing there with an amused look on her face and shopping bags on her arms.

"You are not a Salvatore" she says walking over as she looked me up and down.

"No I am not, my name is Asteria"

"So you are my lovely niece! Sit down love because we have a lot to talk about" my aunt says as she sat me down to talk. She set down some ground rules if I was going to be 'accepted' into the family. These rules basically covered facts like I am NOT to be apart of or dragged into matters that were between my aunt and uncles. Others were to come straight to her or my father if I encounter any issues and to sucker the family into getting anything I wanted since I was the 'baby Mikaelson'.

"I can actually follow those" I said casings here to smile before asking for help. I got the chance to help her pick out a homecoming dress though we did have to compel some girls to model the dresses for us. I laughed as we sipped champagne while studying the dresses to see what would go best with her. It was not to long after when I heard the door open and close causing my Aunt go to see who just came in.

"Hey what's up" Rebekah says cheerfully as I moved so I was standing in the door way. I silently watch as Elena studies my aunt's movements with a slightly agitated face.

"You're the one who invited me over... to talk" Elena says folding her arms, annoyed about something. I raised an eyebrow and let out an awkward cough before heading over to my aunt. I quietly watch as Rebekah called out her 'models' for Elena to give her opinion about which dress she should get. After forcing Elena to pick one, the compelled girls were sent back with no memory of what had happened.

"Are you okay?"

"Im not compelled Elena, I'm here for some drinks and to get to know my aunt" I answered finishing my second glass of champagne. I set by glass on the closest table before excusing myself and headed to the basement. I helped myself to a blood bag or two, really feeling the blood thirst hunger of the vampire side. I was still struggling a bit with this whole new idea of being a tribrid and what it means for my life now. I mindlessly drank another blood bag as I thought back to how my mom explained the situation to me...

~flash back~
I stood at the front door of the place I used to call home, hesitantly knocking in hopes that my mom would be home. I had just dropped Mikael off and was hoping I could talk to her about everything that has happened.

"Hel- oh, Asteria" my mom says as she answered the door.

"Hi mom.... can I, uh, can I come in?" I asked scratching the back of my neck. She stared at me for a moment before inviting me in as she stepped aside. I entered the house and looked around to see not much has changed other than the furniture was rearranged. I walked into the living room to see a few books, photos, and other random trinkets on the coffee table.

"What brings you here?" My mom questions causing me to sigh heavily

"It's time for us to talk"

~ End of Flash back~

I snapped out of my thoughts as I realized that I probably should go back up to see how Elena and my aunt were doing. I made my way through the house as I searched for the pair to see what they were up too. I groaned as I made my way up to the stairs to the next floor when there was no sign of them. I was getting ready to check Damon's and Stefan's rooms when my phone started to go off causing me to groan. You know, life was so much easier without all this 'Elena' this and 'Stefan' that drama going on. I know that sounds really selfish, but I enjoyed the quiet and freedom I had when I was in New Orleans.

"What am I doing? They are both big girls" I said as I stopped my search. I obviously will use my super hearing to make sure a fight does not break out, but I am not their parent or guardian. With that in mind, I made my way back to the living room and poured myself a drink. I am going to enjoy the quiet with a drink in my hand and a fire going while kicking my feet up. Using magic to light the fire place,
I got comfortable and began to go back to my mom and I's conversation...

~flashback~
"Okay, I understand now why you kept who Niklaus really was to me. I do still do not understand why hide my supernatural side or how you even did it"  I said as I responded to what my mom had just informed me. We have been talking for the past few hours about as to who I really am and why she kept who my dad really was away from me. The one thing that I could not wrap my head around, however, was how she managed to make me appear utterly human all this time.

"The best way I can explain it is that there was a family spell that could make the supernatural parts of a person 'disappear' for a period of time. Well, I did not want to chance it in case your father found another witch to break the spell, so I combined that spell with a linking spell. This resulted in the family spell only being broken when the moon stone curse was broken" she explains the best she could.

"Okay so that makes a little more sense, though why even hide it" I remarked as I ran a hand through my hair.

"I will explain that part in the future and give you a better explanation for the spell"
~End of Flashback~

I sigh as I am pulled out of my thoughts by my phone going off. I set my empty glass on the table before answering the call once I saw who was calling me.

"Hi Alaric" I answered as I stood up from my spot as I used magic to put the fire out.

"Hey Asteria, are you busy" he asked as the sound of papers shuffling followed after.

"Not really, why"

"I need your help with something"

"Fine, it's boring over here anyways" I answered his plea for help. I grabbed my jacket before leaving a note to let my aunt Bex know that I was leaving for a bit. As I left the birding house, I began to have a bad feeling about all of this. Something was not sitting right with me as to why they need my help figuring out whatever they found in some cave. Do not get me wrong, I do not mind helping out but something is off.

There is one thing I do know for sure..... I should have stayed instead of going to help