17) Pitstops and Outfit Changes (Original)

I glanced over the building map as Mikael looked around curiously and almost hungrily as we stood in the mall. I know it was not the best idea, but I took Mikael to a mall to get him and I some new clothes. Along the way, we stopped for blood here and there for me while I simply would give him a little bit a blood in a travel cup. Anyways, I tapped my finger against the glass seeing my target before gently pulling Mikael along with me.

"How does this help me stop my son" Mikael questions as we headed towards a JC Pennys first.

"It's not but it will help you blend in.... or at least look decent" I pointed out as we walked into the store. I heard him huff but comply as we walked around the men's section to find him something to wear for now until I can get him back to town. I had him try multiple different outfits on until he decided on another suit that almost matched the one he wore. I told him to just the rip the tags off, so we can get going. We were getting ready to head out when the worker stopped the pair of us in our tracks.

"You have to pay for that sir"

"Oh you see, we had just terrible time here and to make up for it; you let him have the suit for free" I compelled the worker who nodded and repeated what I said quietly. We walked out of the store and headed to another to find me another outfit or something a little bit more comfortable.

"So you are a vampire" Mikael says speaking up as we walked into another store.

"Yeah sure" I said shrugging as I looked through the clothing racks in front of me.

"Did my son turn you"

"In a way, yes he did"

"What are you going to do about that"

"I have not decided that yet" I admit as we chatted while I searched for a new outfit. I ended up compelling my way to having a pair of leggings, an oversized sweater, and a new pair of sneakers. Satisfied with our new clothing choices, I lead Mikael out of the mall and to the car to continue our way back to Mystic Fall. It was kind of nice to get to know him better.... well nice if you can get his burning hate towards my dad. With the few pit stops for 'food' and gas, the trip back to town seem longer than I would have thought.

"Now," Mikae says as we continued talking, "what are we going to do when get to this town of yours?"

"We have to see some friends of mine who will fill you in on the plan" I replied seeing the welcome back sign for Mystic Falls. He nodded and turned up the radio to fill the silence that was created after.

I wonder what the others are up to while I was away.....

A/n;
Hey..... how are you doing?
I know that this isn't a great chapter, but it's just a short filler chapter to put out. With everything I have going on, I did not have too much time to write and update any of my stories like I use too. Once I finish this story, I will go back and actually change this chapter into something better.