13) Life Changing

I ended up sleeping in this morning since Elena was signing the deed to the boarding house to make it a safe house. I ran my hands through my hair as I woke up and stretched a bit.

"A, come on! It's time for school" I heard Bonnie shout from the bottom of the steps causing me to sigh. I got up and quickly got ready before meeting her and Bonnie at the front door.

"Wait, I'm coming too" Stefan says sighing in frustration.

"Then why am I going" I groaned fixing my hair.

"Because you need to finish out to get your diploma" Damon says tossing an apple to me. I caught the Apple before following my friends out the door. School seemed to dragged on up until lunch. I pretty much spent most of my day helping Caroline get everything ready for the dance.

"Uh Asteria wait a minute" Ric says was I about to leave his classroom.

"Sure" I said with a small smile was I walked towards his desk.

"I just wanted to just check in and see how things are going" he asked with a small smile.

"They are going well actually. I set up the date for me to move in when I start college and I finally got an A in pre-calc" I said smiling as I told him.

"That's amazing. I actually have something else to take care of, so I'll let you go" he says causing me to nod. I gave him a smile and a nod before going to find Bonnie and Elena.

"Grab your things and meet me at the car. Klaus is somewhere here and we have to get Elena out of here" Stefan says coming up to me making me nod. I gathered my things and met the others at the car before we all head back to the boarding house. Stefan filled Damon and I in what happened at school.

"So we go to the dance and find him" Damon says walking into the parlor.

"How are we going to do that? We don't even know what he looks like" Stefan points out causing me to nod. I listened to the boys argue right before Ric came in. I listened to their discussion as I made myself at home.

"What about you girlie? You need a date for tonight" Damon asked once Stefan and the girls went off to do their own thing. Alaric ended up staying for a bit as well causing him to join Damon and I.

"I'm not going, I have something to take care of" I said causing Damon to pout but nod.

"How come? It's your senior year, shouldn't you be enjoying it" Alaric asked while I ran a hand through my hair.

"My dad is in town and to be very honest, I want to meet him" I answered causing Damon to spit out his bourbon.

"What the fuck" Damon exclaims with fake shock causing Alaric to frown.

"Why is that a bad thing? Maybe her dad wants to meet her too" Alaric remarks causing Damon to turn to him.

"Not that part! If the girl wants to meet that walking sperm bank then that's her choice. I just didn't know he was in town at all" Damon explains causing us to both nod. I talked with the pair some more before Alaric left making me turn to Damon.

"Are we just going to ignore the fact that little comment you made was fake as hell" I stated glaring over at Damon.

"Look it's not my place to tell, but we already knew that he was in town. Isobel told Elena and Stefan whenever she made you leave" he remarks causing me to look at him in shock.

"So all three of you knew and didn't say anything? Look I get it that you may have forgot because of the whole Elena thing, but it would have been nice to know" I stated getting up. I ignored his calls for me to come back as I walked out the door.
~•~
After walking around town, I decided to get the basement of the witch massacre house for when Bonnie did her spell on Klaus. Before all of this, Damon filled me in on what their plan was but was strictly told to keep Elena out of the loop. Anyways, I got everything set up before heading out to my car when Elena called me. She was freaking out and said something happened to Bonnie causing me to tell her I would meet with her. Once she told me where, I hung up and drove to the boarding boarding house.

"What happened" I asked playing dumb as Elena turned to me.

"Did you know?! Did you know what Bonnie had planned" Elena demands walking over me as tears rolled down her face.

"Elena-"

"ANSWER THE QUESTION ASTERIA"

"Yes...." I said sighing causing Elena to pace and run a hand through her hair.

"You know what Asteria?! You are just as crazy as your father" Elena yelled as we stood in the hallway. I frowned not understanding what she meant by that.

"What? Elena look I-" she cut me off again not giving me a chance to speak.

"Bonnie is dead all because your psycho father Klaus and you're just like him! Maybe-" It was Damon's turn to cut her off.

"ELENA! Bonnie is alive" he shouted before showing her. I stared at them processing the new information. I heard the door open and my mom call out for me.

"Are you okay? Stefan told me what happened at the dance" she said looking me over.

"I wasn't there but Is it true... what Elena said" I asked quietly causing my mom to look over at Elena then a back at me.

"What are you talking about" she questioned as her voice sounded like she knew exactly what I meant.

"Do not play stupid mom. Is Klaus my father" I asked searching her face for some kind of hint that I was wrong.

"We agreed not to tell y-" she started before I cut her off. It felt like the room and everything around me was caving in and hard to breathe.

"I-I need air" I said grabbing my keys and pushing past her.

"Asteria" my mom and Elena called out trying to get my attention.

"Asteria just wai-" I cut Damon off,

"NO" I snap angrily causing everyone to go quiet and look at me. I shook my head and ran out to my car, quickly getting into it and driving off. I sped down the winding roads as I try to focus my teary blurred eyes on the road. I was just getting on to the bridge when I thought I saw someone in the middle of the road causing me to quickly jerk my wheel.

The last thing I remember was seeing water and my car hitting the water below....