02) A Day at The Gilberts

It's been a few days since the whole werewolf incident and let's just say my mom was not to please. I told her what happened and why my back was all scrapped up, and she completely freaked out.

"Do you know who it was"

"What did the wolf look like"

"Asteria I'm serious! I need to know" My mom exclaims as she fires off statements and questions.

"Mom I'm fine! The werewolf, Mason Lockwood, just scrapped me up" I explained causing her to visibly relax. I frowned noticing her deep in thought and wonder what she was thinking. I was getting ready to talk to her when someone knocked on the door. I opened the door to see Damon standing there with a small smirk.

"You ready for our day at Elena's" he asked as my mom joined us.

"Yes I am, and I will be perfectly fine" I said turning to my mom.

"I'm trusting you to keep her alive and in one piece"

"Oh trust me, I'll make sure of it. Plus, Alaric will be there"

"Bye mom!" I said grabbing Damon's hand and leading him back to his car.

"So, I take it you told her" Damon says as he drove off towards Elena's house.

"Yeah and she freaked out majorly" I said looking out the window.

"Like when you were taken to the police station freak out"

"More than that... like she was worried about someone finding a secret out" I explained causing him to nod. We finally got to Elena's, so Damon let me out first so he could park his car.

"Elena, Jenna I'm home" I said walking in and heading to the kitchen.

"Good news! I found the shot glasses" I heard Mason's voice say as I entered the kitchen.

"And that would be my exit" Elena says walking over to me and pulling me out of the kitchen.

"But it's shot time"

"No no, no shots for you" Elena says rolling her eyes smiling softly. We let Damon in before we went out to the porch to wait for Stefan. I tuned out Caroline's and Elena's conversation about Stefan urges and enjoyed the breeze and the outdoors.

"Hey, food's ready. Come get it" Alaric says as I snapped out of my daze.

"Finally, I'm starving" Caroline says before walking inside.

"Do not worry about her or Stefan Elena, everything will be fine" I said softly smiling at her before heading inside.

"So Asteria, what do your parents do" Mason asked as we sat next to each other to eat.

"Well my mom is an emergency room nurse and never got the chance to know my dad" I said shrugging a bit.

"Why do you want to know" Damon asked as he sat across from us. I could sense the tension between the two rising causing me to quickly think of something.

"Let's play Pictionary" I exclaimed causing everyone to look over at me.

"That's an excellent idea" Jenna says smiling. I smiled and went to go get the stuff with Damon following me in tow.

"You and Mason seem oddly chummy" Damon points out causing me to roll my eyes.

"Well shit Damon, it's not like you ran into the man naked in the woods"

"True.... so is it big"

"I'm sooo not having this conversation with you" I said causing Damon to chuckle as we took the stuff out.
~•~
"Puppy with a tutu" Caroline calls out as Damon took his turn in Pictionary. I honestly do not even remember what the category was. I sighed resting my head against the back of the seat I was sitting in, board out of my mind.

"Dances with Wolves" Mason says causing the rest of us to turn towards him.

"Thank god someone finally got it" I muttered causing him to chuckle. I made small talk with Alaric, Mason, and Caroline while the other three went to go get the pie ready.

"Hey I know this is random, but have you ever heard the name Mikealson" Mason asked causing me to frown.

"Hey look at that, the pie is ready" Alaric says very quickly changing the subject. Mason quickly dropped the question before heading over to where the others were at. I wanted to asked him why he wanted to know but decided to drop it.

"Mason, why don't you start us off" Damon says handing Mason the pie. I watched as Mason use his hands to pick up a piece of pie before setting it on his plate.

"What? I apologize, I'm an animal" Mason says before licking his fingers.

"Yeah you are" I muttered very quietly under my breath, which caused the two vampires to roll their eyes. I tuned out the rest of the conversation and enjoyed my slice of pie while deep in thought.

"So Asteria, about my question..." Mason starts off with causing Damon to roll his eyes.

"Does she really need to answer that"

"Damon calm your pecks. To answer your question, no I never heard of the name before" I answered. The conversations continued as we began to clean up. I frowned while setting some plates in the sink.

"What's up with you" Alaric asked causing me to look up at him.

"I just realized that Caroline and Elena left and what Mason asked me" I explained.

"Do not worry about him and they left a little bit ago" Alaric says before walking away to talk to Jenna. I only stayed for a few minutes before heading home to see if my mom was home. Once I reached my house, I did not see my mom's home, but I did see a package with my name on it. I frowned picking it up and heading inside to open it. I know that I did not order anything nor was I expecting anything at all. I went int the living room and opened the package. Inside was a necklace with an a small crown along with a matching bracelet. I tried to see if there was hand written note but gave up when I did not see one. I wonder who sent this....

A/N: I'm soo sorry I have not updated in forever and giving you all a sucky update. I'm am slowly working on this so please bear with me. The story will get better as I begin to pick it up!