19) Wild Goose Chase

I frowned checking my phone as I sat in my mother's house. I decided to spend the day with my mom but found it weird that I did not get any urgent text or calls from my friends. I know it's not really my problem any more; however, it's too quiet for my liking. One or two reasons ran through my mind as I thought about the lack of communications. I sighed as I laid across the couch and pouted when I finally noticed that my aunt did not even answer my text. Speaking of Rebekah, I have not seen her recently nor have I heard from her at all.

"Hello" Elena's voice comes through the phone when I decided to give the girl a call.

"Hey, have you seen my aunt Bex? I have not heard from her in a while" I asked worriedly.

"Oh! Uh no I have not, but I am actually happy you called. Listen, I need you to look for something for me. It's called white oak ash" she answered causing me to frown. Something felt off about the whole thing, but I did not question it.

"Oh okay, well if you see her tell her to call me please" I said worriedly with a small frown. Elena gave a quick 'sure' before hanging up on me. I tried not to put much thought into the quick and rushed goodbye as I went to go find the white oak ash for Elena. I stretched as I stood up before hearing two set of footsteps echoing through the house. I looked up at see my mom and Mikael coming down carrying boxes that were probably from the attack.

"I wake up an immortal vampire hunter and you already have him doing things for you" I teased with my mom causing her to laugh.

"I offered to help darling, she said she needed this for 'embarrassing baby pictures'" Mikael says raising an eyebrow as I turned red.

"Mom no-"

"Mom yes! Hey if you're going to bring friends over then they deserve to see these pictures!"

"Bye mom" I said quickly leaving the house before I could be there to see Mikael witness the mess I call a childhood. Mikael maybe my grandfather, but my mother needs to stop showing those pictures even if they are family. Anyways, I started searching for any sign of of this white oak ash that Elena desperately needed. I looked in every shop and herd store I could before deciding to go to the library to look into it more. I searched first for what a white oak tree looked like then followed up where I could find one. I did not have any leads or clues where I can even find the ash at all causing me to groan.

"No luck" a voice calls out from behind me causing me to jump before turning to see who it was. I turned and saw Mikael standing behind me causing me to sigh out in relief before smiling up at the elder vampire.

"Nope which is really weird because I was able to find everything else"

"I can tell you exactly what it is"

"You will?"

"I promise no tricks or exchanges, though you might not like it" Mikael says taking a seat across from me. I frowned but accepted his offer to learn more about what I was looking for. As he explain what the white oak ash is and why my friends needed it, I was beyond angry and felt betrayed by those who I used to call friends. I bit my lip hard as the building itself started to shake as I briefly lost my emotional control.

"Now what?" I asked crossing my arms as I calmed myself down while the building stopped shaking. Mikael raised an eyebrow as he looked around before smirking and leaning in as if he was now interested.

"Betray them back just like that phrase 'an eye for an eye'. You dealt with their issues and problems for a while now apparently, but they are willing to take your revenge from you? I say you betray them"

"You know what, you're right. If they want to back stab me, I should return the favor right" I said standing up causing Mikael to get up as well. We chatted some more as I headed out of the library with one thought on my mind now. Should I really listen to Mikael? Probably not, but he does have a point. I have literally bent over backwards for Elena and the others just for them to try and kill my family. I know they have done terrible things, but I strongly believe that the Mikaelson's can change for the better.

"Thank you Mikael, you have been great help" I said giving my grandfather a very kind smile before looking around. Once I knew the coast was clear, I slammed his head against the window of my car hard enough to knock him out. I smirked watching him hit the ground once he passed out before walking away whistling. If my so called friends want a true villain, I am willing to fill in that part.
~•~
After a day or two, I finally decided my next move to make especially after getting a text about homecoming being moved to Tyler's place. Why I was even getting text about homecoming? No idea but I am grateful for it because it made finding everyone even that much easier. I waited until night had fallen before even heading to the dance and reminded myself that I needed to pick up my car from town. I walked up to the Lockwood house and looked around to see an army of Hybrids standing as they watched Mikael and my father talk. I leaned against the tree as I pulled out a lighter I had picked up on the way there. I watched as Damon and the goons tried to put their plan in action, not counting on the sire bond Stefan had with my father.

"That's adorable grandfather, but now I'm quite bored with these antics" I said vamp speeding over to Mikael. I smirked as I used magic to cause Mikael pain while Klaus picked up the weapon Damon tried using on him. I watched my father tackle Mikael and staked him with the white oak stake in the heart.

"Oh no.... Grandpa.... He's burning" I mumbled as I stood next to my father while watching Mikael burst in flames.

"We have much to discuss child" my dad says as he nodded for me to follow him inside to see Stefan still pinning Damon on the ground.

"What are you doing?!"

"He earned his freedom" Niklaus says as Stefan stands before Klaus broke  his compulsion on the Salvatore brother. I watched Damon make his leave with one last glance at me followed by Stefan quickly leaving as well.

"Well that was anticlimactic" I mumbled looking up at my father who gave a small chuckle while ruffling up my hair. We spent the rest of the night talking about why I showed up and what had happened between my 'friends' and I. I was ready to head home when Klaus stopped me before I could even move an inch.

"I know I am a few years late, but I believe that I owe you a father daughter dance" he says holding out his hand.

"Thanks dad, but how about you treat me to a bite to eat" I said giving him a thankful smile as I showed him my vampire side.  Let's just say that no one human was really safe for that night.
~•~
After a very long talk with my mom and filling her in on what had happened, we decided that maybe this was a good time to spend time with my father. Well, this is just until Marcel had things set up in New Orleans for me to move down there as soon as possible. This leads to where I  am at now, standing with my father next to a truck that was suppose to hold the rest of the Mikaelson family. Instead, the truck is empty and my dad currently talking with Stefan.

"Are you sure about this love? Once you go down this road, there is no turning back" my father asked as he turned to me once he got off the phone with Stefan.

"I'm sure, it is about time I embrace the Mikaelson name" I said as I moved from my spot next to the empty truck.

"Always.."

"And forever"