20) Meeting the Mikaelsons

Over the next few days, I spent trying to use magic to locate the missing Mikaelson members while also spending time with my father. I finally learned that he loves painting and art while my father finally learned what I am. Klaus was shocked at first but soon embraced the idea that he finally had someone to teach his ways. I decided to lay low for a while and let my father handle everything with the Salvatore's gang. I sat outside sketching in the sketch book dad has given me when I heard a small commotion taking place inside. I glanced inside to see a couple of my father's hybrids cleaning things up inside the house. It was not much longer before night had come when Klaus finally came home.

"How was your day love?" He asked as he joined me in the house as we walked over to the room where the coffins containing the rest of our family was in.

"Not bad, I finished my sketch book" I said setting the now filled sketches book on the table. We chatted for a bit before I headed off to get a blood bag from the fridge then headed back to rejoin my father. I frowned as I heard a commotion come from the hallway causing me to head over to see what it was. I smiled brightly and set my blood bag down when I saw Elijah standing before my father with a heart in his hand.

"Uncle Lijah" I exclaimed cheerfully causing the other man to smile while I gave him a side hug where there was not blood.

"Asteria why don't you run and get your uncle a blood bag while we talk" Niklaus says giving me a small smile while I glanced between the two men.

"Go ahead little one and do not worry about us.... We are just going to talk"

"Okay, but be careful" I said carefully looking between my father and uncle before picking my blood bag up before going to get my father and uncle one. I sighed as I heard another commotion come from the hallway but choose to ignore it. I finished my blood bag before bringing the other two out to Elijah and Klaus to chug down.

"Now my dear Asteria, you and I have much needed time to catch up" Uncle Eli says causing me to sigh but give him a soft smile. The rest of that evening was spent telling uncle Elijah everything that had happened while he was away.

"Are you sure about this? What does your mother think about it all" Elijah asked once I finished telling him everything.

"She thinks I should learn about this side of the family until the arrangements are finished for me to head to New Orleans"

"So you are finally heading out of this disastrous town"

"Yes sir and honestly, I am excited" I answered giving him a soft smile. It was not much longer before I was sent to bed for the night while my dad and uncle finish discussing business.
~•~
"Why are you two are having dinner with the brothers but I'm not invited" I asked with a frown as I shopped with my uncle for things for the dinner that was being held at the house. I found out this morning that my dad and uncle are having a dinner to talk with the Salvatore brothers. While that was happening, I was being sent out to have a night out by myself for a while.

"Because it was decided that even though you are set on turning your back on that group, you are still to be excluded from the family drama" Elijah answered with a small smile as he picked out a main course for the dinner.

"Fine, but don't have too much fun without me"

"Would never dream of it, now did you decide on what you will need for your room" Lijah asked as he glanced over to me. I am starting to think that he is more excited than I am about me starting college. From our talk last night, both male family members are very proud that at least one Mikaelson will be heading off to college.... well at last I think I am the first one to go to college.

"I'm thinking pastel pink and grey for color scheme so obviously a bed spread with those colors. As for everything else, I'm going to probably just look around tonight while I'm out" I replied causing the older Mikaelson to nod. We made small talk about random things while we finished shopping before heading back to the house.

"Listen, when you come back to the house wait for my signal. Things are going to happen fast but I promise you that no harm will come to you at all" he says holding out his pinky. I hesitated and hooked my pinky around his as we made the pinky promise to one another

"Just.... Don't let him suffer" I said with a sigh causing him to ruffle my hair with a small smile.
~•~
The night out by myself was a bust due to me worrying about what was happening with my father and uncle. I knew that what Elijah had plan was for the best; however, I hated that it involved my father being in pain. He may be a bad person, but he is still my father. Anyways, I sat in my car while waiting in the drive way for the signal from Elijah that I can finally go inside. I got antsy enough to step out of the car and leaned against it as I waited.

"Well hello there dear, and who may you be" a woman's voice asked causing me to turn and face her. I did not recognized her at first until I noticed the similarities between my dad, aunt Rebekah, and uncle Elijah.

"Hi, I-I'm Asteria... Asteria Mikaelson" I answered causing the woman to stare at me in shock.

"Well hello Asteria, I am Esther Mikaelson... your grandmother" she says cheerfully before giving me a hug. I hugged her back in shock before she motions for me to follow her inside the house where the Mikaelson family was in. I followed behind the woman to see every one of my uncles, aunt, and father all standing together.

"Mother" Rebekah says as Esther made her way over to my father. Judging by the emotions filling the room, things are very tense and not good causing me to get anxious a bit. Esther looked back at me before nodding her head off to the side as if telling me to wait in the next room. I nodded before heading to the kitchen to grab a blood bag and actual food while the family tied up a few loose ends with one another.

"Come, Asteria" I heard Esther call out causing me to rejoin the others in the living room area. I hesitantly stood in the door way and looked at the Mikaelson family as they looked back at me. My dad had giving me an encouraging smile before I was tackled in a hug by my aunt causing me to giggle as hug her back

"Thank the heavens that you are okay" she says while the men stare at us.

"Who is this little one" the man with suit vest asked as he joined the pair of us.

"This is my daughter Asteria, and she will not be involved in any of our drama Kol"

"Okay but at least tell me her reaction to Mikael"

"She joked about Mikael burning to death" uncle Elijah chuckled causing uncle Kol gasp and pull me close to hold my head to his chest.

"I know I only just met my niece but if she gets hurt, I will murder everyone in this room then myself" Kol says glaring at everyone in the room causing a groan to come from Klaus

"Uh... thank you?" I said unsure of what to make from the situation at hand. Kol finally let me go as a man with hair to his shoulders came over to me with a small smile.

"Finn, nice to meet you" he says holding out his hand. I smile and shook his hand before glancing over at the Mikaelson family. If there is one thing I can already tell with this family, it's that I will never have a dull moment.