10) Hospital and Betrayl (Original)

I groaned as I heard a phone began to go off followed by a loud thump of someone landing on the floor next to me. I peeked my head out from under my blanket to see Elena grabbing her phone. I groaned and told her to answer it before rolling back over to go back to sleep. It was not even two minutes later when my phone went off causing me to sigh. I grabbed my phone and looked to see I had a text from Elijah. I opened it to see that he was updating me on how my mother was since the last time I saw her. She still had yet to wake up, but she was getting better.

"Hey where are you going" Elena asked as I quietly walked towards the bathroom with my clothes.

"I'm going to go see my mom" I said, forgetting I haven't told anyone yet what happened.

"But you can see her after she gets done with work"

"Elena, she was attacked by a werewolf yesterday" I commented biting my lip watching her reaction. I didn't wait for her to answer to go and change before packing my bag and getting my things together. I left a small note noticing the girls were all asleep again before leaving. Once I got to the hospital and to my mom's room, I sat in the chair next to her bed and stayed with her. I held her hand and did not move from that spot unless I had to use the bathroom or one of the nurses made me get something to eat.
~•~
I guess I must have fallen asleep with my head on edge of the hospital bed because I woke up to someone playing with my hair and people talking.

"How long has she been here"

"Almost the entire day to be very honest"

"Mom" I questioned as I finally got up to see her fully awake and talking to Elijah.

"Hey sleepy head" she says with a soft smile causing me to gently hug her. I caught her up on everything I knew and her shows before she explained what happened.

"How long am I stuck in here" my mom asked causing me to look over at Elijah.

"I can have you out today Kayla if you want" Elijah says hinting to her to drink his blood.

"Only this one time" My mom replied causing Elijah and I to smile. Once Elijah gave her his blood, he excused himself stating that he had to leave for some sort of tea event. Anyways, it was not long before the doctor came in to check my mom out before releasing her realizing she was perfectly fine.

"Home here we come" my mom says causing me to laugh as we made our way home.
~•~
When we finally arrived home, I made sure my mom was comfortable and resting before going to make us dinner. By making dinner, I mean heating up left overs from the other night.

"Hey this necklace on the table is cute, where did you get it" my mom remarks as I walked into the room with her food:

"It kind of just showed up on the porch.... there was no return address nor note" I explained causing her to frown. I guess she decided to drop it or got distracted by something else because she did not press on.

"Have you picked a college yet" my mom questions as she notice all the college letters scattered along the table.

"Yes I did"

"And..."

"I'm accepted the offer for the university in New Orleans, but I would not start until the following academic year" I said causing her to smile and gently grab my hand.

"I'm just happy you accepted the offer" she replies causing me to smile. We spent the rest of the day watching reruns of our favorite show while pigging out on junk food.
~•~
The next day, I ended up spending most of it with my mom as she helped me with my school work. I also was worrying if my friends were okay since I haven't heard from any of them along with no word from Uncle Elijah.

"You're not going to stop worrying about them are you" my mom says catching my attention.

"Sorry" I muttered causing her to chuckle. She motioned for me to follow her to the living room before pulling out a map of mystic falls and a few other witchy things.

"I still don't get how I'm human if you're a witch" I mumbled causing her to freeze for a moment before continuing setting everything up for a spell.

"I don't get it either but let's not focus on that. Give me your hand" she says setting something of Elijah's down. I nodded and handed her my hand, so she could do her location spell. I frowned when it showed that he was at the boarding house.

"Why would be be there" She asked looking over at me.

"I'm about to find out" I answered before excusing myself and going to try and find Elijah. When I got to the boarding house, I walked in and called out to anyone to see if there was anyone there. When I heard silence as a response, I looked through the different rooms to see if Elijah was still there. Though, I really wish I had not because then I would not have seen what I did. In the basement in one of the holding cells, Uncle Elijah laid on the ground with a dagger sticking out of his grey body. I gasped and went to get the dagger out when someone grabbed my arms and pulled me back.

"What the hell are you doing" Damon hissed as he dragged me out of the basement. I yanked my hand out of his once we got to the living room. I pulled his shoulder back so he was facing me before punching him repeatedly out of anger. Damon roughly grabbed my wrist and held it in his hand aggressively telling me to stop.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! He is the enemy"

"HE IS YOUR ENEMY! HE IS MY DAMN FAMILY DAMON"

"Wha-" I cut him off by kicking him in a very sensitive place causing him to let me go and groan in pain. I guess Stefan and Katherine/ Elena heard because they were by his side in seconds wondering what was going on.

"Asteria please just calm down" Stefan says trying to get me to calm down. Katherine/Elena let out a sigh as I let out a dry chuckle facing him.

"Screw you all! Just because he did not say exactly how he was going to help Elena does not make him a bad guy.... but you two wouldn't know that because you're so obsessed over the same girl it's not fucking funny" I said as the trio looked at me.

"Uh oh...." Katherine says backing up a bit.

"He was dangerous not just to Elena, but to everyone" Stefan says trying to justify their action.

"No, what you did was damn Elena and broke any trust I had for either of you. You betrayed me and do not think that I will ever forget it" I hissed before leaving without saying another word. I know I cannot stay mad at them forever, it's just who I am, but I will sure as hell try. I was always taught by my mom and Uncle Marcel that family is first...

Always and forever