Chapter 1

Nobody knows me in this city and that's the way I like it.

You don't know who I am and that means I can hide, disappear and melt into the background of a million stars in this City of Angels.

Yesterday my life changed and this is my story, my awakening, my lust and my dreams.

YESTERDAY

"Lexy! Where are you? Lexy get up!"

I feel the warm cotton sheets tugged from my sleeping body as the sun reflects an amber glow across the room.

"Jesus Dan what the fuck's wrong with you?" Dan is probably my oldest friend, sometimes (only very occasionaly) my lover and the one person in the world who knows me.

I'm pissed as hell but give in to the twinkling eyes that scan my body.

"Why've you woken me up?"

"Take a look at the time, then ask me that question again," he said, grabbing my arm and pulling my still sleeping body into a warm embrace. I can feel his heat radiating through me as his hands rub my shoulders, kneading the tension away.

As I relax in his arms, my eyes clear and fix on the clock on my bedside table.

"Shit, shit and more shit! Why didn't you get me up sooner?" He knew I had a plane to catch and this was the one morning I needed time on my side.

"God Lexy! Sit down and relax. I've ordered the taxi, prepared you the best breakfast in town, finished your packing .... " He tilted my face towards his and I felt myself melt into his deep brown eyes.

Then I felt the tears, come, burning the corners of my eyes, acid rising in my stomach as I realised the huge step I was taking.

All my life had been spent living down here in Louisiana, sharing my life with Dan. Now he was setting me free, into a new life, far from home and far from everything and everyone who was familiar.

"Baby, clear the tears and get that cute ass of yours into the shower. Taxi's arriving in half an hour, so no time to waste."

"Since when have you been so dominant!" I laughed grabbing a sheet around my body and heading off to the shower.

The steam misted the glass, as I gently rubbed gel in swirls across my body, working my way down my neck, fingers trailing across my breasts and ever downwards.

Time slipped by, when time was of the essence .... I grabbed the towel and ran into the bedroom, drying my dripping wet body while selecting a thin cotton dress for the flight.

"What do you think Dan?" I smiled as he grabbed me by the waist and hugged me close to him. I leaned into his neck and inhaled his all too familiar fragrance, soft, inviting and ... just the Dan I knew.

"You look amazing, totally fucking amazing. If any man hurts you babe, I will hunt them down and punish them so badly."

"Well, it'll be hell of a journey you'll be making to LA in that case," I said, playfully punching his muscled torso. "Promise me you'll be in touch every day so I don't decide to come running home." I moved into his arms just as the taxi blared its horn outside.

Dan grabbed my bags, cursing at the weight, as he moved to open the door.

"Promise me you'll call when you get to your new apartment." He pressed his warm lips to my cheek and wrapped me in his tender embrace. "Now go, and find that life you want in LA."

I laughed out loud. "I will but I'm not sure what that life will be ... and that's what excites me. You'll be the one person who I'll spill all my secrets to."