Chapter 19

Slowly, I stretched my aching limbs, bumping my hip against Shannon's slumbering body which was curled protectively around mine.

Gently, I lifted his arm from across my waist, feeling his heavy fingers drag softly across my belly. I shivered at the memory of last night, intoxicated by the sexual thrill of pushing him over the edge and watching him fall apart in my arms.

"Babe, I have to go," I whispered, stroking the skin at the back of his neck. He stirred, turning over to wrap himself back into the warmth of my body.

"Stay here for another five minutes," he murmured, his lips pressed against my shoulder. I could feel the rise and fall of his chest and his warm breath washing across my neck.

"No can do Shan," I gasped as he nipped his teeth into my shoulder. I rolled over, swinging my feet onto the tiled floor. I shivered as the cold worked its way through my toes and upwards to my hardened nipples. Damn! I grabbed a sheet from the floor to hide behind. "I'm off in the shower," I called out, looking back at his muscled body, barely concealed by the thin cotton sheet.

I turned on the water, waiting for the shower screen to mist over with the heat before stepping in. The warmth rolled in waves across my body, relieving the sexual aches and clearing my mind for the day ahead. I let the water run through my hair before lathering shampoo into the roots and massaging my scalp.

Away from the steady beat of the shower, I could hear a phone ringing in the bedroom, followed by the indistinct murmur of Shannon's voice. I quickly rinsed my hair before stepping out and wrapping myself in a bath robe, straining to hear just part of the one-sided conversation.

Shannon's POV

I'm lying here listening to Lexy in the shower, debating whether to join her. I smile remembering her whispering to me as I fell asleep in her arms last night. I turn over and bury my face in the pillow, inhaling her smell, desperately wanting her back in bed with me.

My thoughts are broken by the sudden ringing of a phone. I curse the bad timing ... feeling my cock twitch into life under the sheets. I reach down and stroke myself, hoping the ringing will stop. It does but then rings again. "Fuck," I mutter, lying half out of bed stretching to reach it on the floor. I groan, seeing Jared's name flash up.

I hit answer. "Bro, what's up?" I speak slowly, while wrapping my hand around the base of my shaft, stilling myself in the moment, feeling my muscles tighten with the rush of blood to my dick.

"Thought I'd check out your new girl Shan," he smirked. "I've just seen the Instagram post. That's some early birthday present you've got."

I slow my hand, closing my eyes while trying to calm myself. With everything going on between me and Lexy I'd forgotten my moment of Instagram madness. Fuck. Has Jared recognised her, I wondered.

I groaned into the phone: "J this isn't the greatest timing for one of your interrogations. Can we please talk later!"

"Shan you're hopeless ... what's she doing to make you so breathless?" I could almost see the childish grin on his face. He delighted in pushing my buttons to see how I'd react.

"Ok J. You're a jerk! She's a gorgeous woman and I love her. I'm sure you'll love her too bro." I clicked end call before he could have the final word.

My phone buzzed. Jared: Hope the sex is off the wall ❤️❤️❤️

***********************

I stepped out from the bathroom and grabbed my pile of clothes off the floor. I cursed myself for not folding them neatly, trying to shake out the creases. "Who was that on the phone?" I asked, trying to sound casual but desperate to find out more about the whispered conversation.