23

The walk to an empty classroom is quiet. Amelia can barely contain herself from the excitement. Her hands are itching to take her wand and duel with Severus. She pulls her hair up into a ponytail as they enter the classroom. Her eyes haven't left Severus' back. To her his walk is graceful, like every step is calculated, and the aura he emits ignites curiosity inside of her. 

"In a real fight, you won't have time to pull your hair up." Severus says as he closes the door after Amelia enters. 

"I know, I have been thinking of cutting it." Amelia points out while picking up a strand from her ponytail. 

"Wands at the ready." Severus says as they walk to the middle of the room. Amelia takes out her wand and puts down her purse. She bows and takes ten step back before getting in position. 

Amelia has been practicing non-verbal spells, but they still need work which gives her a disadvantage. The chase, watching how he reacts, makes adrenaline surge through her veins. She knows that Severus is a skilled duelist, having experienced it first hand. She knows that she has to put him in the defensive first, or what happened last time will occur again. She knows that he is going to take it easy with her, if he was serious then she would be on her back in less than a second. 

Remain calm. Amelia exhales and inhales before giving him the nod. Before Amelia can even utter a word, Severus already shot his spell. 

"Colloshoo." He says softly. He sneers at the spell, feeling as it degrades him of his true skills, but he can't use any spells that can actually harm the young student. 

Amelia tries to move, but her shoes are stuck to the floor. She stares down at her flip flops and back at Severus with wide eyes. She can see why he did that, she is more agile than he is and knows that she can dodge spells with her skills. He shots another spell at her, but Amelia slips out of her flip flops and dodges the spell. She quickly gets in a kneeling position and attacks. She points her wand at a a desk.

"Depulso." Amelia says clearly. She then quickly moves her wand towards Severus direction, causing the desk to fly towards him. 

This gives Amelia the opportunity to stand up and send some more spells towards him. 

"Everte Statum." Amelia says quickly as Severus moves the desk away with his wand. Severus shields himself with a spell. 

"Expelliarmus." Severus says a bit forcefully. 

"Finite." Amelia says quickly, not wanting to be disarmed in less than a minute since the duel started. 

Severus stares at the barefoot Amelia, not showing any emotion. He is a bit impressed by her quick thinking, but not quite there yet. He then starts to attack a bit serious, getting tired of the childish play. Throwing spell after spell, trying to overwhelm her. 

Amelia uses shielding charms to protect herself from the non-verbal spells that Severus is throwing her way. She barely has time to think of a spell at the rapid speed of Severus' attacks. Suddenly her eyes land on her discarded purse and sees the red book slipping out. She then smirks at Severus, making him look at her with confusion. 

In the less than a second between his attacks, Amelia quickly drops to the ground and claps her hands while pointing her wand at Severus and saying her spell with force. 

"Caeca caligine." Suddenly Severus' vision is filled with a dense mist.. 

Severus looks around with caution. The room is quiet, too quiet for his liking. He now has the disadvantage. He knows what spell to use terminate the spell, but he is curious of what she would do.