45

Amelia watches her parents from her hospital bed as the officer informs them about the situation. They arrived to their apartment, only to find are forensic scene. They were informed where Amelia had been taken to. Severus had helped Amelia hide her magic items. She looks back at the nurse tending her wounds. 

"Miss Richardson... Can you tell me everything?"  Amelia looks at the detective with a tired smile and nods. 

"It is about time I did... Just, don't tell my parents about the other events, I should be the one to inform them. I gave in the video evidence to the male detective." Amelia says tiredly, all the adrenaline has gone away. 

"Other events?" The lady detective says as she writes it down her notepad. 

"Drake abused me physically, sexually and emotionally from the age of 7-11." Amelia feels a wave of relief as she says it out loud. It felt like the first step to finally move on. The detective writes it down on her notepad. 

"I have already informed you what happened. The first time I stabbed him was to get him off of me. The second one he attacked me and I redirected his attack. I did not intend for him to die. It was the heat of the moment." 

"Why did it took you two minutes after you stabbed him to call the police?" Amelia looks at her lap as the memories of what happened after rushes through her mind. 

Flashback...

Amelia stands up and goes to the camera on her dresser and turns it off. She grabs her wand from the floor and is careful not to step into the scene. She flicks it, making her closet door open and a trunk float towards her. Severus follows her as she puts her wand inside her bag. 

"Sir, I need you to take my stuff away from here. I am going to call the police and I can't let them find any magical stuff. Inside the luggage has any evidence of Hogwarts... Umbra stays with me." Amelia says as she hands him her things. 

"How were you able to turn on the camera without him knowing?" Severus says as he grabs everything.

"As soon as I opened the door, I used non-verbal magic... before he took my wand away from me."

"Go." Amelia says sternly before going over to the landline and start dialing 911. Severus nods and dissaparates. 

End of Flashback 

"I was overwhelmed by my actions." Amelia lies easily. The detective raises a eyebrow at her words. Amelia sends a small glare towards her. 

"Wouldn't you be if your constant abuser of years and close friend of the family was suddenly gone by your hands? I had to see him in every family event, every single time my father came back; the constant reminder of the abuse was there." Amelia musters up tears. Making the nurse hug her as she cries. Amelia can tell that her acting is making the detective uncomfortable. 

Playing the victim while being the actual victim... Who would have thought I would have drop so low?

"I meant no offense, Miss Richardson. How were you able to record everything?" Amelia clears her throat and wipes her eyes. 

"When I got back from vacation, three days ago, I started leaving the camera recording. I needed evidence of his attempts. I just didn't know it would have come to this." Amelia sobs out the last part. The detective sits down next to her and puts a hand on the shoulder. 

" Hey, you survive. That is what matters," Amelia sniffles and nods in agreement. A sudden crash makes everyone look at the window. Amelia watches as her mother look at the floor. Amelia stands up from the bed and rushes to the door. She steps outside and the sight terrifies her. 

Marcus is kneeling on the ground with both hands on the floor. 

"It is my fault! I let this happened to my little girl." Marcus sobs out. She watches as her father continues to sob to the ground and as her mother rubs his back. Everyone stares at the big and tough man as he blames himself. Her heart clenches at the sight, this is what she wanted to prevent. 

"Dad, it is not your fault." Amelia says with a soft voice. Marcus doesn't look up at her, making her frown. 

"Dad, look at me." Marcus continues to stare at the floor and clenches his fists at the sound of her voice. Charlotte looks at Amelia with tears. She goes to her, but Amelia holds her hands up. Amelia knows why he is like that, for she is the same. He is too ashame to look at her, he thinks that he doesn't deserve her love; she would have thought the same if the roles were reversed. She inhales deeply and musters up all of her strength into her voice. 

"DAD, look. at. me." Marcus looks up  at her from the floor. Amelia takes off her robe, standing only in her underwear. 

"This is what HE did to me. That was with a iron fire pick, the other was with the pocket knife you gave to him for his birthday when I was nine. He abused me, raped me repeatedly for years. From the age of 7 to 11 he was my living nightmare, and during all of that and even now I have never, NEVER blamed you. What he did to me was not and will never be your fault. Do you hear me? It is NOT your fault. Yes, he was your best friend, and you are probably thinking that you should have known better... But he was a psychopath, if I didn't suffered from it first hand, I would have never suspected him." Marcus looks at her in the eye, his eyes water up. 

"Forgive me, my little soldier." Amelia walks up to him and kneels down in front of him. 

"No, because there is nothing to forgive, commander." Amelia says before hugging him. Marcus holds her tight against his chest as he sobs into her shoulder. Amelia smiles sadly to herself as she griefs over her past. The reminder of the suffering is finally gone. She knows that she will never be the same, she can feel it. The moment he died, she changed... For the better or worse is the question.