6

Amelia watches as Sirius hugs Harry goodbye. She doesn't understand why they have to protect him. He is number one priority, according to Albus. During the meeting, Severus told Amelia to protect Harry. That is the order everyone received from Albus. She doesn't understand  why he is a top priority, but she doesn't question Severus. Amelia grabs her bag from the floor and her medical kits. 

"Shacklebolt, ready to go?" Amelia says as she stands by the door. Severus left a while ago, just after their discussion. 

Amelia wished for more time with Severus, but he was right; they had to be more careful. Severus is a double agent, and Amelia is a muggleborned auror. It doesn't help that she also has some seer tendencies. She hasn't really displayed them, only two times. After the second time she started taking dreamless potion before going to bed. She decided that she knew enough about her future. She didn't wanted to risk knowing more about it. 

Amelia looks at the shabby apartment where she will be staying until she can procure one for herself. She is grateful that Shacklebolt was able to hold a place for her while she was training. She drops her things next to the door and looks around the room with Frida. 

"It is not much, but I doubt you will be sleeping much here with all the assignments you are going to get." Amelia looks at him with confusion. It is not common for a newbie to receive a lot of jobs during the first month. 

"You are one of the best candidates we have had in years. Trust that the Ministry is going to milk you of your abilities until the last drop... Now come on, we already have a case." Shacklebolt says before exiting the room. Amelia sighs and signals Frida to follow her. 

"I haven't even had the chance to pee yet." Amelia whines out while she closes the door. She follows Shacklebolt down the musky hallway. 

"What is the case?" Amelia says as she pulls her hair up into a ponytail. 

"Bodyguard duty." Shacklebolt says without throwing her a glance. Amelia doesn't complain, because she knew that they weren't going to give her a high-risk case on her first day. 

"Who is the target?" Amelia says as she makes sure her knife holder is secured around her waist. The last thing she wants is losing her heirloom. She left her gun in the room, she has no need for it... for now. 

"Cornelius Fudge." Amelia looks at him with confusion.

"The Minister of Magic... That is a very high profile target." Amelia says as they start going down the stairs. Shacklebolt holds the door open for her to pass. 

"Well, people have started to get antsy about the rumors of You-know-who returning... Some are getting mad that the Minister is doing nothing to investigate these allegations and are causing quite a stir. He has a meeting with the Minister for Magic to clear up any doubt about His return." Amelia looks at the ground not understanding why the Minister is acting this way. 

"But it is the truth. Why is he lying to the public? People should be aware and be prepared if anything happens." Amelia says as she walks beside her mentor

"He is scared of it. You weren't here during the Wizarding War... You do not know how dark and terrifying those ages were. People lived in fear, and he doesn't want that to happened again. He thinks that denying it will not make it real. Now remember, we are here to make sure he is safe; not to say he is right or wrong. We are enforcers of the law and it is our duty to protect. Understand?" Amelia nods at his words. She has to be unbiased in the situation, not that she was already biased before. 

They quickly arrive to the Atrium of the Ministry of Magic. The ceiling was peacock blue with golden symbols moving over it .The pair continue to walk toward the middle point of the vast room.  Amelia couldn't help but to frown at the Fountain of Magical Bretheren. For it  featured golden statues that made it seem like wizards are the superior magical beings in the wizading world. Amelia looks at the crowd gathered near the fountain and makes note that most of them are journalists and photographers, only a few normal people. 

Shacklebolt goes to stand near the Minister. Amelia whistles and signals Frida to stand on the ledge of the Fountain, watching the crowd. Amelia blends with the crowd. She watches everyone in case of any suspicious behavior. She notices when Frida nods at a direction. She had her trained for stealth missions. It was necessarry during her tour. Amelia looks at where Frida is pointing at with her snout. She looks as the man grips his wand and starts to raise it. 

"EVERYONE GET DOWN NOW!" Amelia orders everyone as she takes out her wand and accurately hits her target with a stunning spell. Everyone freaks out and rushes to safety. Shacklebolt escorts the Ministers away. Amelia ducks as his comrade comes to his aid. Amelia shields herself and quickly disarms the felon. She petrifies him and hears Frida bark. Amelia looks around in confusion, looking for the other threat. She carefully surveys the area and her eyes widen at noticing the disillusion charm. The person is hiding next to the elevators, the exact same place where the Ministers are heading to. She quickly analysizes the situation. If she shoots a petrifying spell, she has a higher possibility of hitting one of the civilians rushing around. She runs towards the Fountain and climbs it with hast. She hangs on to a arm of the Golden House Elf, and points her wand at the criminal. 

"Radix Scorpum." Amelia says while pointing her wand at the ground. Her eyes don't leave him as roots start to sprout from the ground and rapidly made their way to the hidden felon. The roots grab him by the ankle and pull him to the ground, wrapping themself around his body. The group that Shacklebolt was guiding  halt as they watch as the man struggles to break free from the root prison. They follow the trail and watch as Amelia is daggling from the statue. She is holding on by her left arm. She smiles a goofy smile and makes her way down. Frida growls at her when Amelia accidentally splashes her with water. Amelia watches as other aurors take the criminals away. 

This was well executed... How did they know where to put a man waiting?

Well, it is obvious that they use Stragetic points. I thought I taught you better. Amelia inwardly huffs in annoyance at his ego. 

True, the attacks where just to lure them into the trap. Making a man attack from point A and point B would have forced them to go to the lifts... Are you thinking what I am thinking?

Of course I am, I am your consciousness, little princess.

It was a rhetorical question, scum!

You called yourself scum. If he was here, she could imagine him smirking at her. 

You know what I mean. 

God, you really need to pee. Amelia is brought back from her thoughts as Shacklebolt's group nears her.

"Thank you, Miss Richardson. You have saved us." Fudge says. Amelia keeps a stoic expression and jumps off the ledge. 

"I was just doing my job sir. Now, if you will please excuse me, I have to make a report of what just happened. Also I have to discuss some manners with Shacklebolt about this. I suggest you go somewhere safe for the time being. " Amelia says before walking away from the Fountain. 

"Of course. If you ever need something, do not hesitate to ask." Amelia waves and apparates to her apartment.

Small a/n: I know the book seems slow, but it is to built up to the point where I want it to go.