13

"Excellent. You have to say the spell with a strong voice or the impact won't be as much. " Amelia says as she walks around the room, correcting students. She is glad to see that most of them are able to cast a disarming spell, but she expected more students to come today. Only 10 students came to her tutoring lesson today, but the students informed them that Umbridge was giving detention over any small insignificant thing, not letting people come to her lessons. 

"Granger, go to Snape's office and inform him that I need some dittany." Hermione looks at her with confusion. Amelia dismisses everyone and waits for Hermione to return.

We gotta do something about that woman.

I know... She is cunning.

Good thing she is too busy torturing  the students to see Severus going to do the Order's jobs.

Yeah, I have to keep her attention away from him, even if it means jeopardizing some students. Amelia smiles as she hears the door open. 

"That was very quick of you, Granger. I hope he didn't give you any trouble." Amelia says as she moves the blackboard to its original place. 

"The insufferable know-it-all always gives me trouble, Miss Richardson. Now tell me, why do you need dittany." Amelia turns around and smile at him. 

"Came rushing to my rescue... How noble of you...It is not for me." Amelia says and motions Hermione to walk foward. 

"Take the dittany potion and give it to all the fifth year students of your house that suffer from Umbridge detention today. I know that she is harsher to the people of your house. Tomorrow you will return the bottle to me." Amelia says as she grabs the bottle from Severus' hand and gives it to Hermione. 

"Now go, child." Amelia says kindly with a warm smile. As soon as the door closes, she returns to her normal self. 

"Tired of keeping the warmly mother facade?" Severus says mockingly. Amelia sends him a small glare. 

"Very funny. You know that by nature I am a serious person. It has been a while since I felt warmth inside of me... I forgot how exhausting it was." Amelia says truthfully. 

I know what warmth you want inside of you... Amelia ignores her conscious lewd suggestion. She has learn to ignore him through out the years. 

"Not as exhausting to deal with a perky little pink toad... She will question me during Monday. You are lucky to be excluded from it. Questioning my authority as a professor, I have never been so insulted as a professional before." Amelia sighs and walks up to him. She puts both of her hands on his shoulder. 

"She doesn't matter. You are a great Potion Master, sure you can be a asshole with your students, but they actually learn. Your professionalism is one of the many aspects of why I fell in love with you." Amelia says with a smile. Severus looks down at her, his heart clenches at her words. 

"I will forever ask for your forgiveness, for not being there when you needed me. I should have had helped you, no matter what my obligations were." Amelia shakes her head and smiles at his words. 

"I forgive you. I will always forgive you. I understand, you have a role to play and so do I... I understand now, Severus." Amelia can see in his eyes how much he tortures himself daily. 

"Why do you love me?" Severus says in a soft tone. Nobody has ever loved him, the only woman he has ever loved, loved his enemy. His father didn't love him, his mother created doubt about it. 

"You make me smile. Genuinely smile. My entire being smiles in your presence." Amelia says with the brightest smile. And Severus can see what she means, her eyes look brighter at her words. He didn't expect such innocent answer from her. And before he could stop himself;

He gave her a small smile.