17

A few weeks have passed, the holidays start in a couple of days. She finds herself in her office when Harry walks in. She looks at him questionably and motions him to sit down. 

"How can I help you Mr. Potter?" Amelia says as she closes her notebook. Harry looks at his lap and back at her. 

"You have been having strange dreams, haven't you?" Amelia says knowingly. Harry nods at her words. She understand where he is coming from, for she went through the same thing. 

"I just... I just want to help. I feel like everyone is fighting and dying for me. I don't want them to, I want to fight with them. I want to protect them. But every person I get close to gets hurt in a way. My parents died protecting me, my best friends have gotten hurt in more way than one, my friend got killed and now we have the Ministry messing with the school... I just can't help to think that everything is my fault." Harry finishes saying with a defeated sigh. 

"It is not your fault Harry. History is made by the choices we make. It was their choice to defend you, their choice to help you, their choice to not back down; you didn't choose for them. And they are not fighting and dying for you Harry, they are fighting for a cause. You are the symbol of that cause. You are the symbol that the Dark Lord can be defeated, and the Dark Lord knows that. And you are helping... Or do you think I am daft enough to not know about your little meetings?" Amelia says the last part, trying to lighten the mood. 

"I know it is a lot of pressure to take on. It is not easy being a symbol of hope. But you can't control the decisions that people do around you. Everything they do is because of love. And I know that you would do the same for them." Amelia finishes saying. She hopes that it helps him, even a little bit. 

"Thank you, Professor Richardson. I needed to hear that." Harry says before standing up with a tired smile. Amelia leans back on her chair. 

"You are a good kid, Harry. Never forget that." Amelia says with a bright smile. 

"And you are a kind and warm person, professor... I can see through that though exterior." Harry says before leaving. His words make her shake her head. 

What does he know?... He is a good kid. She thinks to herself with a kind smile

~~~~~~~~~~

The room is dark and the only light that shines through it is from the crescent moon. From the distance, you can hear the screeches and howls of the animals of the Forbidden Forest. When all of the sudden, Amelia jolts up from her sleep. She is drenched in cold sweat, beads of it trinkle down her face. She breathes heavily as she puts a hand on her chest, clenching the wet material.  Her widen eyes look frantically around the room for any signs of danger. She doesn't seem to calm down at the sight of Frida. Amelia shoots out of the bed and starts running to calm herself down. 

Her bare feet carry her outside. She ventures off, with no direction in mind. Her breath comes out in puffs of smokes, her feet burn at the touch of snow. She pays no mind to it as she jumps over a fallen log. She suddenly stops running as she realizes where she is; the Black Lake. She takes a few steps back before diving into the freezing water. She swims, until the sensation of floating calms her down. She closes her eyes in acceptance of what she just experienced and looks up at the surface with sad eyes. She goes to shore, only to find someone waiting for her. 

"Thought I find you here." Amelia curses herself as she takes out her wand from her pocket and dries herself. 

How did he know we -you- were here? Her uncle's/conscious words make Amelia even more cautious.

Nothing gets pass this old fool

"Care to explain why the sudden need of going for a swim?" Albus asks her with a jocking tone. Amelia grins at him.