9

Amelia wonders why she is back at Hogwarts and heading towards Dumbledore's office with Severus to have a private meeting. He is a busy man, that much she can tell, especially with the return of the Dark Lord. 

"Never though I would see these halls again." Amelia says with a hint of nostalgia in her tone. Severus throws a glance her way. The sight was mesmerizing to him: the innocence in her eyes, the smile in her face, the youthfulness of her soul. He has noticed the change in her eyes since the last time he saw her. They have a hint of their old shine. 

"Didn't you have the worst experience here?" Severus asks in confusion. Amelia looks at him with disbelief. 

"Just because a few kids taunted me, doesn't mean I didn't have good experiences. I made friends, I studied magic, and I prevailed in my studies. I was able to accomplished all of my goals." Amelia says, her tone becomes more professional as they near the office. 

Severus is disgusted by her choice of words; taunted. He remembers her bruised body at his class. He remembers during her sixth year, how badly the bullying was. Her last year wasn't that bad, but she still got teased around. 

Flashback...

Severus watches as Minerva starts pacing around the office. Dumbledore and Severus watch as she starts arguing. 

"We have to do something. Richardson has been bullied constantly since the start of term. Mostly by the Slytherin house. I got nauseaous when I watched her walking toward her seat during supper. She skipped all of her classes that day. Sprout informed me that she has seen her take materials from her greenhouses, materials to create healing potions...She is not okay." Minerva says in disbelief. 

"What do you suggest we do, Minerva. The poor girl won't come foward. I already tried to get her to. Everyone was fond of Thomas Slater. The children have... disgustingly loyal values. There is not much we can do, if Richardson doesn't come foward." Severus says in his usual tone. 

"We can't just do nothing! You all saw her limping in the great hall, how she doubled over in pain after her friend touched her shoulder. She is going to get killed if this progresses even further. Pomona already tried talking to her. Dianna Foster has tried to talked to her about it, but she informs me that she won't tell her anything about it." Minerva then looks at Albus for advice.  

"Severus is right. We can't do much if she won't come foward. We have to make sure that she knows that we are here for her." Not liking Albus' advice Minerva huffes as marches angrily towards the door.

"That girl is going to be killed at this rate." 

End of flashback. 

Severus opens the door for Amelia before entering. He takes noticed of Amelia's change of mood. Even if Albus and him have a complicated relationship, he still considers him a friend. In a twisted way, Albus is helping Severus redeemed himself. 

"Amelia, it has come to our attention that the Ministry is going to assigned a professor of the Defense Against the Dark Arts. Cornellius thinks I am going to steal his seat." Amelia snorts and laughs at his words. 

"That is just stupid. His fear is making him crazy." Amelia says as she starts to look around. 

"If he assigns someone, it will be difficult for Severus to carry out the Order's missions." Amelia looks at Severus with worried eyes, before looking at Albus with disgust. 

"You really know how to play your cards, old man. You knew the moment you say 'Severus' I jump right in... Also that is going to be the least of your troubles." Amelia says as she picks something from a table and looks at it with feign interest. 

"What do you -put the Sorting Hat down- mean with 'the least of our troubles'?" Severus says Amelia slowly takes off the hat and puts it back on the shelf. 

"It is a miracle that there wasn't a lice outbreak during the first term. Like 11 year olds all sharing one hat? that is just calling for a outbreak for sure." Amelia says as she starts making mocking faces to the headmasters portraits. 

"Richardson..." Severus says annoyed. Amelia gets serious and sighs. 

"Sorry, my mind is not exactly how it used to be... I heard that they are assigning a someone to basically stop teaching students how to defend themselves... they think that you are raising a army against them." Amelia says while standing at ease. 

"That is a stupid move. With the Dark Lord returning, they have to learn how to defend themselves. THey are basically giving them a dead sentence." Severus points out before looking at Albus. 

"We can make the upperclassmates teach the younger ones in secret. WE can make a duelling clubs by houses. The Head of Houses can teach them." Amelia shakes her head at Severus suggestion. Albus smiles proudly at Amelia. 

"Too risky. Someone will snitch... The Minister owns me one... maybe I can arrange something. I can't promise much, but I will talk to him. I will contact you, Albus, about it." Amelia says before rushing out of the room as a plan starts brewing inside her mind. 

"Frida avanza (hurry)." Amelia says as she starts running to the Entrance hall. Frida barks after her as she catches up. 

"I am a goddamn genius!" Amelia says while laughing as she disapparates to the Ministry.