22.5

Severus apparates near the entrance of the establishment. He had heard from his fellow deatheaters that Amelia had escaped the dark lord's clutches. He was relieved beyond sense when he heard the news. Suddenly he had received a patronus from her, telling him to meet her at a pub. 

He enters the establishment with his wand out, ready to attack. 

"Are you sure about this, Amelia? Your parents are going to be upset." Amelia looks at her old friend and nods. 

"They will take care of you, when the transformation takes hold of you completely. Give this to my father on Friday. He will understand what it means. Give him the letter for it will explain your situation. Take care, Ivan." Amelia says as she turns around and cleans some empty glasses. Severus watches as Ivan walks out through the backdoor. 

"I am glad you got my message Severus. Come sit down. Let me serve you a drink." Amelia says as she puts down a tumbler in front of a stool in front of her. Severus makes his way towards it and sits down hesitantly. Amelia sighs and serves him some whiskey. 

"Richardson...care to explain why the sudden summon?"Amelia serves herself a glass as well. 

"Would it be bad to day I just wanted to see you? that I missed you." Amelia says as she walks around the counter and stands in front of him. 

"Richardson, you can't just summoned me every time you feel lonely. We are at war. If we get caught together, we will be killed." Severus stands up to leave but Amelia grabs his arm and pulls him back. She turns him around and hugs him tightly. 

"Please don't go. Severus, don't go. Don't leave me." Amelia says while her voice is muffled by Severus' clothing. Severus holds her against him, confused by the sudden emotional state. 

"Never again. But I have to go. His followers are looking for you. You have to go into hiding." Suddenly they hear something hit a trashcan. It is too quiet for their liking.  

"They are here. You have to go." Amelia shakes her head against his chest. 

"No, I won't leave you Severus. I have so much I want to tell you." 

"And you won't be able to tell me if you stay here." Severus says as he pulls her away from his chest and looks at her in the eye. He caresses her cheek with his knuckles, before kissing her forehead. 

"Punch me in the eye.... Now, Richardson." Severus says as he closes his eyes. Amelia frowns as her heart starts beating faster. This is not what she had in mind. She pulls back her fist and with a shaking heart she punches the man she loves in the face. He falls on the counter with a groan. the glasses of whiskeys fall into the floor breaking. Amelia blows him a kiss before disapparating. 

Suddenly Lestrange and two other death eaters enter the establishment. They stare as SEverus groans as he stands up, holding his left eye. Lestrange laughs at the scene. 

"Where is she?" Severus scowls at her question and brushes the pieces of glass off of his robe. 

"Well obviously not here. She had the jump on me." Severus says with a groan. 

"Don't be such a baby, Severus. How did you know that she was here? You were not disclosed of such information." Severus glares at her a bit before walking passed her. 

"You forget that I was her teacher for two years. I know how she thinks. And you guys are not the only one trying to find her." He pulls the door with anger and exit the establishment.