15

"I GO TO SPEND THANKSGIVING WITH MY FAMILY, DO SOME AUROR WORK AND I GET BACK TO A REMAKE OF THE SPANISH INQUISITION." Amelia says in outrage as she paces around Mcgonagalls office. One thing they share in common is the mutual hatred towards a certain pink toad. 

"The minute you left, she tried to get Trelawney fired. But Albus stepped in." Minerva sips her tea with a glare. Her eyes widen at the thought. She knew that Minerva had some doubts about her peer's qualifications in being a teacher, but Minerva is a loyal person to Hogwarts and everyone in it. 

Amelia knew the true intentions of why Albus let her stay. IF Voldemort got his hands on a TRUE Seer, things could take a drastic turn. 

"She is a cunning toad, I'll give her that. In the two weeks that I was gone, she managed to find a loophole around me. She has denied the tutoring lessons I give only to the fifth year and higher students. Banned all clubs she deemed fit. She is testing the waters with me." Amelia sits down in front of Minerva's desk. 

The toad is seeing how much it can swim in the pond before the crocodile strikes back... She coudln't help but to agree with his analogy. 

"It's refreshing to see you so worked up about something." Amelia looks at her senior colleague with a raised eyebrow. 

"During your school years, you weren't one to express yourself. After the incident you closed off of everyone. I remember how you walked with a stern expression when some kids threw paint at you. Filch had fun in detention with them, he made them cleaned up the paint... I can see that you are getting better." 

"These children don't realize how lucky they are to have such a great person like you as a professor. I have been to many schools... most of the teachers are either there for the money or/and last resort... Don't worry about it, I know that you worried about me during my years here. Thank you." Amelia says before taking a sip of her tea. Minerva's kind smile brings memories.

Flashback...

Today was a day that always haunts her. Her scar burns at the memory of it. Amelia made sure that Frida stays by her side, making sure they are left alone. His voice has haunted her all day, saying remarks every second. He usually only made some remarks when she was analyzing a situation. She wears her headphones and has music on high volume. She makes sure to soundproof the room before heading to sleep. 

She dreams of that day. She can still feel him, she can still feel the ironpick tearing her flesh, the blood seeping into the sheets, her tears wetting her cheeks. She can still hear his grunts and feel his warm breath on her neck. She remembers every single detail of the room, how many stains the ceiling has; three. 

The dream shifts to her killing him, stabbing him. She stands over his body with a cheshire smile on her face. The blood doesn't stop seeping from his body, it fills the room. Amelia struggles to breathe as she struggles to keep afloat on the thick liquid. Suddenly a hand grabs her and drags her down. Amelia screams as she looks at the decomposing Drake smile at her and stab her.

"We are one of the same." He says while holding a mirror up to her face. She starts to panic when she sees her reflection, it is his face when he was alive.

Amelia jolts up from her bed and struggles to breath. Her eyes dart around the room with panic. Frida is still sleeping, the moonlight gives a little bit of light to the small room. 

"You are not real. Go away." Amelia growls out as she looks at her uncle, who is standing next to the fireplace. 

"You thought I was going to leave you that easily. You are mine, forever." Drake says. Amelia shakes her head and runs out of her room.  She escapes his imagery, but not his voice. 

Ha! You think that running will make me go away?

"Stop it." Amelia says with frustration.

You liked it when you stabbed me, didn't you?

"No."

Don't lie to me, to yourself. It scares you how similar we are. We are like two peas in a pod. 

"Fuck you. I am nothing like you." Amelia says as hot tears run down her cheeks. 

The dream doesn't lie. The way you stood over my body with that giant smile, oh boy, I got chills.

Amelia climbs up some stairs, trying to calm herself down. 

You are only scared because it is the truth. Everyone is scared of the truth

Amelia stops running as the words cut her deep. She stumbles a bit and leans against the wall as she starts to hyperventilate. She looks at her hands, her eyes play games with her, because she could swear they are covered in blood. She looks up shakingly and sees Drake standing in front of her with a knife stuck to his chest. Her entire resolve comes crumbling down as the emotional toll she didn't know was there hit her full force. Amelia falls down to her knees and hands, she starts crying and sobbing. She can feel his imaginary hand rubbing her back in comfort. 

"Don't worry. I understand you. I will never judge you, my little princess." Amelia sobs and hyperventilates. She feels the tight feeling in her chest building up. She hasn't experienced an episode since before she killed her uncle. 

"Miss Richardson? What are you doing here? Are you okay?" The sound of her voice makes Amelia look up from the floor. She is relief to see that Drake is gone, and next to her kneels a Minerva with a worrying look. Amelia realizes that she is near the Gryffindor's dorms. Amelia continues to cry and sob as she throws herself to the professor's arms. Minerva rubs her back in comfort as Amelia calms down.

"Please do not tell anyone about this." Amelia says quietly as she pulls away. Minerva looks at her with a frown. 

"Care to explain what happened?" Minerva says as she helps Amelia up. 

"Today is a day that I do not like to remember. With everything that has happened, it just built up to the point that I emotionally exploded... I feel better, I needed that cry." Amelia says while laughing. She wipes her face with her t shirt. She smiles tiredly at her professor. 

"I understand, I too have a day I wish not to remember. I will keep this promise, if you join me for tea every Friday after supper." Amelia smiles at the offer, and knows why she is doing that. 

"That sounds splendid." Amelia says with gratitude. Minerva smiles warmly at her and starts guiding her back to her room. 

End of Flachback

"I missed our tea time." Amelia says truthfully. 

"I thought you dreaded spending time with me. Forcing you to tell me what was on your mind." 

"It felt good, talking to you. You never pryed into anything. I bet you informed Albus about my emotional developement... and I understand, it is your job as a professor to keep the Headmaster in the loop of his students' mental health." Amelia says with no bad tidings. She knew from the beginning that Minerva was going to talk to Albus about her. Minerva probably thought it was because Dumbledore actually cared, but really it was to see how his pawn was doing. 

"I never told him about that night. Since you kept your word, I kept mine." Amelia looks at Minerva with shock. 

"Thank you... If you must know, I got help after graduation. I stayed in a institution for about a month. I don't see him anymore. He is not eating my subconscious anymore." He is my consciousness. Amelia says only giving her half the truth. She stands up and leaves the room. 

I got help, but then I went to war... that fucked me up even more. Amelia thinks to herself as she goes up to her room. 

A/N:  I should warn that there is only a handful of chapters left.