16

They haven't spoken for almost a month. Not only because they didn't want people to know about their friendship, but also because of Amelia's drunken actions. She almost kissed him, and he suddenly had the urge to do so. 

Amelia cleans her boots, her training is rooted into her bones, even though she has no more connections to the army or her old company, she continues to do her daily routine. Even when she became a UFC fighter she continued to do her routine. She makes sure her bed is made, she braids her hair into two neat french braids, she puts on her black wife beater, her cargo pants, her black leather trench coat and her boots. Her usual attire. To spice it up she grabs her old hufflepuff scarf, the one that her peers gave to Frida. She puts it on and grabs her wand before leaving for breakfast. 

As she makes her way to the table, some students are astounished to see that their professor is a hufflepuff. They took her for a Gryffindor or a Slytherin. The scarf makes Pomona smile. 

"Wearing our colors." She says with a smile. Amelia looks down at her old Head of House and nods. 

"You know it. Black and Yellow." Amelia says with a grin, before taking her seat next to Minerva. 

"Never thought to see you so... preppy." Severus says with a hint of irritation. Amelia rolls her eyes at him. 

"You are just mad that a brilliant student like me wasn't placed in your house." Amelia says jockingly before putting down a plate of food for Frida. 

"Actually, I am quite relieved that I didn't have to deal with your... mutt." Severus says as he looks down at Frida with disgust. 

"Watch it." Amelia says warningly while pointing at him with her fork. Amelia grins in amusement and continues eating. 

"So have you done your Christmas shopping yet? Only three weeks until the Holidays start." Minerva points out. Amelia hums at her words. 

"I am going down to Hogsmeade to buy something for my parents. Also, I am going to the muggle world for a bit. I got a date." Amelia says before taking a bite of her food. 

"A date! How splendid. Who is the lucky fellow?" Amelia's ears redden up as some students look her way. 

"A old friend." Amelia says before continuing to eat in silence. 

"I didn't know you had friends." His words makes Amelia glance at him. She clenches her jaw and clears her throat. 

"That is funny, considering that you just said that. Still friends with your ole trusty cauldrons?" Amelia say a bit immature on her part. Severus looks unfazed by her taunting. 

"Still hanging out with dogs, I see." Amelia blinks at him for a second, realizing that he knows who she is visiting. 

"Yeah, they make better company that brooding ole bats." Amelia bites back. 

"Amelia!" Minerva exclaims in disbelief. 

"Don't worry, I am leaving. Does anyone need something from the Muggle World?" Amelia says as she stands up from her seat. 

"Why would anyone want anything from those poor creatures." 

It is too early to argue with her. 

"A no would have been sufficient, Dolores. I am bringing back some things for the students to see." Amelia says with a stern expression. She leaves the Great Hall in hast, knowing that her patience during the morning is little to none. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Her visit with Ivan was pleasant. She needed a friendly face to talk to. She knows that Ivan's time will soon come. He has made the preparations for when he turns into a dog and one day he can't turn back. Amelia frowned at the news of how he is having difficulties turning back. He accompanied her to buy some trinkets for the students to see. She bought three gifts in Hogsmeade.