40

Amelia says good bye to Ivan for the last time. She is grateful to have such a good friend in her life. She is so excited to see her parents again, she just wishes Frida was with her. Dianna and her family are on a summer trip, and Amelia doesn't know where they are. She stands in front of the beach, watching the families have fun. She wonders if her family would like to go to the beach with her. Umbra hoots on her shoulder, she had found her a few days ago, 

"I know, I know. The heat is bothering you. Let's go see my parents." Amelia says as she tugs the strap of her bag on her shoulder before walking to her building. She doesn't have her cloak on, but many people stare at her for wearing long sleeve shirt in the summer heat. Amelia doesn't want her parents to see the tattoos she got for protection just yet. 

She can't wait to tell them about her adventure and to hug them. On her way up to her apartment, she wonders if there is still time to go shopping for her items for the new school year. She opens the door with a smile and forces the smile to stay in place as she watches the scene. 

"MELIA!" Her mother screams out of joy as she rushes over to her from the table. Umbra flies to the livingroom as Charlotte throws her arms around her daughter. Amelia closes her eyes as the wave of relief washes over her, seeing her mother safe brought her great joy. 

"Amelia...." Marcus says as he steps into the room. Charlotte lets her go reluctantly, so Marcus can hug her. 

"Dad..." Amelia's voice breaks a bit at the sight of her father. Amelia drops her bag and rushes over to hug him. The bone-crushing hug was better than what Amelia was dreaming of. She can feel her father's tears hit her shoulders.

"I missed you, my little soldier. I was so worried." His words causes her to tighten her hold around him. She hears some footsteps come up behind her. 

"Aren't you going to hug me too, little princess?" His voice causes Amelia to freeze a little bit. Marcus slowly lets her go, Amelia feels as her safety is slipping away. She takes a deep breath and turns around. 

"Uncle Drake... I thought you were dettained?" Amelia says politely. 

"Nothing can stop me from seeing my little princess." He says with a smile. Amelia's blood runs cold at his implications. 

He has no control over me, he is nothing.

Drake takes a step foward and hugs her. Amelia stays still in his hold, making the hug to end quickly. Drake takes a step back and smiles down at her. 

"Thank you, uncle. For taking in my mother and father." Amelia says politely, with no emotion. She walks to the entrance and grabs her bag. She closes the door and takes out her wand. She flicks it towards the table where her mother had dropped some plates; fixing them. She watches her uncle's expression while doing this. He just crosses his arms. 

"Let me get changed and then I will come here to tell you about my summer adventure." Amelia says nicely before leaving to her room. Umbra follows her. 

As soon as Amelia shuts the door she slumps to the floor and shakingly runs a hand through her hair. She runs to her desk, takes out her stationary kit. She writes a letter and gives the envelope to Umbra. She opens her window, letting Umbra out; she hopes he gets the letter quickly. 

Amelia changes her shirt to a flannel and puts on some shorts with high-knee socks. She takes a few calming breathes before stepping out of her room, her wand hidden inside her sleeve. Her family is waiting for her at the table. Amelia sits down next to her mother and father, Drake sitting right in front of her. 

"First of all, I didn't get in any fights during the second semester... I did, however, get a bit bullied. During the summer, I was backpacking around England with Ivan. He was one of the men that was tracking me during the holidays after the trial; he is my friend now. He showed me how to survive in the wizarding world and helped me talk with the Slaters. Without him, I don't think I would have had been able to see you guys again." Amelia says before she starts eating.