42

After buying her things they apparated back to Severus' home. Amelia put all the items in her old room and rushes downstairs before Severus left. 

"Sir, after you give the excuse. Leave. Do not be alone with him. If you find yourself alone with him, do not say anything, do not show any emotion... Be nothing. I believe he may be in the same level as Dumbledore when it comes to reading people. He already knows something is up, that is why he establish his dominance on me before leaving. Just, be careful." Amelia says. She worries of what Drake might do to him. 

"I think I can protect myself, Miss Richardson." Severus says annoyed. Amelia looks at him dead center in the eyes. 

"I am telling you this, sir. Nobody knows him better than I do. I know how his twisted mind works. He has been inside my mind for years." Severus nods at her warning and leaves the house. 

He apparates to the front door of her apartment. Charlotte opens the door and looks at the lone SEverus with confusion. He steps inside with a stoic expression, he can sense Drake watching him. 

"Miss Richardson is fine. She wanted to prepare some potions as a practice before the start of the school year. She can't practice here since the enviroment is not adequate for potion making. She said that she will spend the night over at my house and not to worry for she will be back in the morning." Severus says in his usual tone. Charlotte nods at his words. 

"All right, thank you for telling us, Severus. Would you like to stay for dinner?" Severus politely declines the invitation. 

"I can't, it is inappropiate for me to leave a student alone while they do potions." Severus says wanting to leave. 

"MArcus do you think it is appropiate for your daughter to stay with a professor. This is highly inappropiate." Drake says seething with anger. Marcus looks at him and back at Severus wondering what is going on. Marcus is not a daft man, he notices how Drake is particularly irked by the situation. 

"We trust Severus. He has helped us in the past and Amelia likes him." Drake's mood visibly darkens at the mention of Amelia liking Severus. He turns around and goes into the living room. Charlotte excuses herself and goes to the bathroom. 

"Let me get her some spare clothes. Be back in a sec." Marcus says before disappearing to Amelia's room. Severus can feel the tension rise up as Drake walks back to where Severus is standing. 

"So, you teach Potions? Is that like Chemistry?" Drake asks as he stands a few feet away from Severus. 

"That is a simple way to put it, but yes." Severus says not looking at him. He is heeding Amelia's warning, but he senses no danger. There is no gut feeling that this man is dangerous, other than his strong physique. 

"Is Amelia doing okay in her classes?" Drake says as he leans against the entryway of the livingroom. He stares at the kitchen. 

"Miss Richardson is a bright witch. We are lucky to have such talent in our school." Severus says.

"I am sorry if I made you feel unwelcome. I can see that you have a particular interest in her. It is just I am overprotective with little Amelia. You want to know what happened to the last people that showed a particular interest in her?" Severus maintains quiet, he can see know why Amelia warned him. 

"I washed my hands with their blood. I will protect what is mine." Drake says with no emotion. 

 Severus doesn't miss the glance that Drake gives him. It makes his throat tighten up, his heart drop to his stomach, he felt as if a snake had wrapped itself around him and was about to strike him in the neck. In such a tiny second he felt so much bloodlust from him. In that second he knew that he was probably locked up with the most dangerous muggle in existent. Severus was ready to hex him.  

Richardson has dealt with this bloodlust 24/7 for a few years... how is she still intact? 

"Let me show you out, Severus." Marcus says when he returns with a small bag and senses the tension. Severus takes the hint and steps outside. Marcus closes the door behind him. 

"Tell Amelia that if she doesn't want to come home, then she doesn't have to. I don't know what is happening, but tell her that we are here for her." Marcus whispers at Severus. The wizard is surprised of the muggle's intuition. 

"Why do you suspect that something is of a matter?" Severus asks suspiciously. Marcus looks down at Severus and crosses his arms over his broad chest. 

"She is my daughter... She would have never suggested to stay over your house unless something was wrong. She would have felt like she was imposing... I am sorry for Drake's attitude, he is very protective about Amelia. He had to take care for her for a few years." Marcus explains with a kind smile. His eyes reminds Severus of Amelia's, but his look duller than hers. If was like he lost a piece of himself. Severus nods and leaves. 

~~~~~~~

Amelia stirs the content in her cauldron, trying to ease her anxious mind. She worries of her uncle's reaction to her staying in another man's house. She nervously hums a song as the thought of her uncle harming Severus. She flicks her wand over the wooden spoon, making it rotate clock'wise on its own. 

The sound of the door opening makes Amelia jump up from the floor. Severus enters the sitting area and is taken back by the sudden hug. He stands frozen in shock of the young girl's action. She takes a step back and looks at his face. 

"Are you okay? Did my uncle hurt you?" Amelia fusses over him, looking for injuries. Severus pushes her hands away. 

"He didn't. But he is very crossed about the situation. Your father suspects that something is wrong." Amelia looks at him with worry. 

"You didn't tell him... I don't want him to die." Severus looks at the cauldron and immediately recognizes the content.

"Preparing healing potions?" Severus looks at her questionally. Amelia ignores his stare and returns to her original position. 

"Just being prepared." Severus' mood darkens, being able to read between the lines. He turns around and leaves the room.

 Amelia cleans up and goes to her room. She puts the vials inside her purse. She takes off her sweater, leaving her only in a tanktop. Amelia wonders what awaits for her tomorrow. She pulls her hair up into a ponytail and takes off her shoes, leaving her with her knee socks. Wanting to relax, she pulls out her cassette player and headphones. She takes one of her new books and exits her room. Feeling as if something was off, she looks at her right and the sight makes her eyes open wide. 

Severus dries his hair with a towel as another one is tied around his lower half as he exits the bathroom. He stops walking as he notices Amelia standing there. It is not the first time that Amelia has seen him shirtless, but do to the circumstances she didn't really saw him. She fights the urge to check his lean torso out. He has a sallow skin, this makes Amelia internally frown. His eyes suddenly turn into a glare as he marches up to her. 

Before she knew it, Severus grabbed her wrist and pulled it up harshly to her eye level. 

"What is this?" He growls out, it takes Amelia a second for her to focus. She stammers a bit, but quickly regains her composure. 

"A tattoo, sir." Amelia replies cooly. He pulls her closer, not liking her attitude. 

"I can see that. Now, I was wondering why you have tattoos?" Amelia takes a step back and gently takes her other hand to make him lose his grip. 

"I got tattoos to make sure, nobody can follow me." Severus grips loosen as he looks at the floor. 

"That explains why..." His voice trails off. Amelia looks at him and is startle as he suddenly looks at her and walks away. He slams his door shut.

"What the fuck just happened?" Amelia says as her ears become red hot at the memory of a shirtless Severus. But her mind didn't make her forget the faded mark on his left arm.