38

Amelia closes her bag and stares at her empty room. She turns off the light and leaves the room. She heads down to the Great Hall, where Dianna is waiting for her. She smiles sadly at her as she hands her Frida's stuff. 

"Thank you Di, I hope you have a great summer." Amelia says with a smile. Dianna hugs her and winks at her. 

"Don't worry about it. I hope you resolve what you have to do, so we can hang out more next year." Dianna says with a innocent smile. Amelia smiles at the idea and nods at her very excitedly. She then kneels down and looks at Frida. 

"Hey girl, Dianna is going to take care of you for a while... I'll be back to get you soon. Protege a Dianna. Te amo." Amelia says getting a bit emotional, before she hugs Frida. She kisses her snout, earning a lick from her. Amelia pets her before standing up and nodding at Dianna. 

Amelia watches as Dianna walks away with Frida making her feel bittersweet at the sight. 

"It is the first time since I found her that we will be living apart." Amelia says at the person standing beside her. 

"It is good to learn and experience a life independently... You can't always lean on her and her on you." Amelia looks at Minerva with a smile. 

"I know, but is this what parents feel like when they send their child to Hogwarts?" Amelia asks as she sees them disappear. Minerva looks at the students leaving with a smile. 

"Not only the parents. But also the professors feel the same when you leave, because while you are here you become our children. We watch you grow into great wizards and witches, and it breaks our heart to see someone wander off to the dark side." Minerva says with a sigh before walking away.  Amelia sits down next to the steps wondering what her next plan is. 

"What are your plans, Amelia?" Albus suddenly appears in front of her, Severus behind him.  Amelia leans against the stone rail. 

"Probably go hiking for a while, camping, go around Europe... Probably-" Amelia trails off when she sees a figure enter the gates. She hops off the step and goes to it. 

"Ivan, you can't be here." Amelia whispers to him. Ivan looks at Severus and Albus before looking back down at her. He drags her a bit further away. 

"I am here to take you with me." Amelia looks at him in disbelief. She roughly takes her arm away from his hold and takes a step back. 

"Are you crazy? Why?" Amelia whispers-yells at him. 

"Because I think we can resolve this. I can get you inside the Slaters house, so you can talk to them. They are not going to stop until either they kill you or your parents." Amelia remains quiet at his words. She knows it is the truth. He sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. 

"Look, you are a smart kid. You can survive on the streets, but this is not like the muggle world. You need to learn how to survive in the wizarding world, I can show you." Ivan says before holding to both of her shoulders. 

This could be a ploy to get me to the Slaters easier... But if I get there, then I can make my case. I have nothing else to lose.

"Fine, I will go with you." Amelia says. Ivan smiles at her and takes her bag from her. He slings an arm over her shoulder and guides her to the waiting professors. 

"Mister Triston, what the pleasant surprise. I can see that you have met with Amelia here. Are you here to take her away?" Albus asks Ivan. 

"Yes, I am going to spend the summer with Ivan. I will see you both in September." Amelia says quickly, waiting to get away from Severus' priding stare. She pushes Ivan towards the exit.