Chapter 4

Alaya's POV:

I woke up due to the smell of maple, and I realized I was not in my own home nor my own bed. Then I remembered I was last with Kayden so maybe this is his place. I remember the terrifying events of that man from last night and I know for a fact I'm about to start carrying my fathers silver glock forty because apparently I'm not strong enough to fight these big ass niggas off. I don't wanna end up in another situation like that either so I'm going to have to stay strapped. Yes I know I look all sweet but I know how to shoot my dad taught me when I was eleven, and by the time I was twelve I was a pro at it. Remembering that I didn't have any clothes because the guy ripped the off I had to walk into the living room in only a t-shirt luckily it's long on me. I didn't see him when I walked into the living room so I walked into the kitchen. The nigga had damn good taste in decorating, and this one bedroom was pretty damn nice. He wasn't in the kitchen either though so I was going to walk out but when I turned around he was right there looking dead at me. He was shirtless and wearing blue gym shorts, he looks so damn good in something so simple I was thinking to myself until he spoke.

"Goodmorning." He said.

"Morning, thank you so much for helping me out last night I'm so glad that you saved me because he would have taken the innocence I have left." I said in a serious but forgiving tone.

"Your welcome but what's your name and are you from around here I never really seen you before." He said serious with his eyebrow raised.

"Yes I'm from around here my dad just kept me hidden I'm Alaya.... Alaya Banks." I said and he cocked his head to the side.

"Well I'm ..." He started but I cut him off... " I know who you are. Your Kayden Jones. You use to work for my dad before he died." I said truthfully. My dad looked at Kayden as if he was his son. He just wanted to help the young man out but when Kayden got good he was promoted.

"Your father is Rashad Banks aka Shooter? You know now that you say that you look just like him but tell me something only he would know about me." He said very seriously. It was like damn near frightening the way he spoke.

"Your birthmark is on your right arm under you tattoo and you grew up basically on your own. Your father left before you were even able to talk. I still have all the guys from the trap files in his file cabinet in the basement at my place." I said honestly.

"Damn I didn't know he had a daughter where is your mom ?how old are you? Are you the only child?" He started with the questions.

"Yes I'm the only child, I'm nineteen I'll be twenty in march next year and my mom well after my dad died she stop helping me out and just when I get accepted into Duke and Clark she sends me a letter on how she loves me but her and her new man took my college funds and left the state to start a new life like what the fck." I ranted to him.
"That's fucked up ma but I gotta be somewhere lemme take you home and I'll come back to get you later if you don't feel comfortable alone. Imma look out for you to because your dad was the only male figure in my life and he looked out for me so I got you." He told me. I nodded my head and put on my vans. We headed out the door. Once we were in the car I gave him the directions to my house and we rode listening to some old lil Boosie music. About thirty minutes later we arrived to my house and the landlord was just leaving.

"No no no !" I said hopping out the car and running to the door. It was a 3 day notices. Man my life couldn't get any worse right now. " What The FUCKKKKKKK! She couldn't even pay the fucking rent for me man now I'm out of a fucking home." I cried and Kayden to took the paper from me and read it.

"Alaya pack all your things and be ready when I get back. You staying with me until you get on your feet." He said to me sincerely.
"No you don't have to do that. I don't want to be a burden." I said back with a shakily voice.

"I told you imma look out for you so do what I said and be ready when I come back." He told me and he got my number and texted me so that I could have his. I agreed and went in the house and began to pack. All I can wonder is what the fck did I do man. That's all I really want to know.