Chapter 5

Kayden's POV:

Damn I had no idea shooter had a daughter. Shooter probably told me in the one of the letters he left before every drop. I never read them because he always came back but that last drop he didn't. That nigga had my back since I was a young nigga so it's only right for me to help out his only child. That's why I offered to let her stay with me. That girl should not be going through the shit she facing right now. Imma hire her at one of the businesses I own and keep her out the way. On top of all that she fine as hell, but I can tell she not that kinda girl I mean she basically told me she was a virgin anyways. Anyways I'm bout to go check on the trap and my other businesses and then stop by my main home to get the letters he gave me before he did every drop. I wanna make sure Alaya's telling the truth about all of this. It was about 10 at night when I made it to my house to get the letters. Man today was busy as hell and I'm tired as fuck, but I'm not leaving Alaya in that house. She was txting me to see when I was coming.
Text Convo...
Alaya😐🤔- what time will you be back?
Me-I'll be there in 30 you good?
Alaya😐🤔- I'm fine just tired do you want the files my dad has on the workers because I put them in a bend for you.
Me-Yea thank you. I'll be there shortly
Alaya😐🤔- okay.

End of text conversation....

I collected all the letters because I wanted her to read them all. I chose to read the very last one he left before he died. I know I should have been read them but I could never bring myself to do it. I mean I took the shit hard myself. I opened the last letter he ever written me and began to read.

" Yo Kayden I know I give you these every time I do a drop but this is a little more serious right now. I don't know if I'll make it back from this drop but I'm going to meet with some connects John set up and if I don't return know that he set me up and  make sure you look after my daughter man her name is Alaya and I need her safe at all times. I know you've never met her and that's because I keep her away from this life. You'll know it's her when you meet her though I told her where your birthmark is and she knows a little more because she takes care of my files. Make sure my baby goes to school she has college funds in the safe in my old bedroom and I also have money for her in my secret safe at the trap behind the painting on the wall in my office. The code is 2350 make sure my girl is well taken care of .  And as far as John, kill that nigga and his crew if this is a set up. My private address is 1535 castle hill avenue. Thank you man tell her I love her too.

-shooter."

Damn man I guess this is really her I should have been read these man. Now I gotta handle the snake ass nigga. John never returned to the trap after that drop nor did he attend shooter's funeral. Trez gotta hop on that ASAP cause the nigga ain't getting off that easily. I'm kinda mad at myself for not reading the letter sooner. I hopped up and turned off all the lights in my house and headed back to Alaya. Once I maded there I parked and called her phone letting her know I was outside and to open the door so I can help. Once every thing was in the trunk we headed back to my apartment and I have her the letters.

"What's this? You want me to hold the or something." She asked curiously.

"Nahh shooter left those before every drop and I just read the last one he left before he died I had to make sure you were really his kid. But i want you to have the other ones and I know you want some kind of last words from him. Even though they weren't written to you I guarantee they were about you." I told her and she thanked me and stared out the window the rest of the ride.