Chapter 6

Alaya's POV:

I didn't know what exactly to say when Kayden gave me the letters my dad left every time he did a job, so I just thanked him. I didn't wanna come off rude but this was a lot to take in. I mean imagine a guy you barely know rescuing you and giving you letters from your dead father a day later you'll feel some type of way too. I wonder how life would be if my daddy was still here, I know for sure I'd attend Clark or Duke and my mama would have never abandoned me. I really hate shit has to be this way but imma read the letters later on tonight I need to relieve some stress and reading those will only add to it. Once we pulled up to Kayden's apartment he helped me with my things and we entered the building taking the elevator to the fifth floor. Once we were at the door he unlocked it and let me in first and then he came in locking the door behind him.

"You can use this closet or you can put You things in me closet. It don't really matter though." He said.

"I'll take the hall closet it's really spacious so that will be fine no need for me to invade your personal space." I responded

"Your not invading I promise you'll know if Ian want you here better yet I wouldn't have offered if I didn't." He said bluntly.

"Well Damn...excuse me mr. nonchalant. I didn't mean to rub you the wrong way. Your not cute when your rude." Damn bitch did you just call him cute.. I said more to myself .

"Oh so you think I'm cute huh? And I'm not rude I'm just real there's a huge difference in them, But thank you though. I'm more than cute by the way!" He said and laughed as he walked to the back.

I began to put all my things away and once I was finished I read two of the letters. The first one he wrote Kayden and the very last one he wrote Kayden. My dad always had money and 2,3,5,0 where numbers I picked out for him at the age of seven when we were playing a number game at least that's what he told me but he also to remember those numbers forever. Now I have a safe and that's the combination my dad is a fucking life saver man. Just when I thought everything was over for me my God showed me everything has a purpose. Not only did dad leave me something but he also named his killer and to know uncle john did this was heart breaking. John didn't come off like that and him and my mom were close. I really don't understand what the fck is going on but I'm going to get answers. I put the letters away and grabbed so sleeping shorts and a cropped tank top and my towels that I packed. I walked into km guessing the main bathroom and took a 40 minute shower. I was in there so long because I was thunking a clearing my head damn I need a blunt I thought. Once I was dressed I walked into the living room not knowing he had company.

"Damnnnnnnn! Who is that?" The guys said in together.

"That's shooters daughter and she off limits so don't get no ideas and you go out some clothes on your nipples are bulging threw ya shirt and ya ass hanging out." He said looking at me with lust in his eyes.

" nigga I'm about to go to sleep and I ain't wearing no full damn outfit so can I wait in your room til they leave or something.?" I asked and he nodded. " Nice to meet you guys I'll get your names next time." I said walking off.

I decided to call Genesis and to fill her in I forgot I had even invited her over yesterday. Genesis has been my best friend for a minute and I thank her so much for being around through all these tough ass times.

"Bitch where have you been?" She answered the phone going off immediately.

"It's a long ass story bitch I need a fucking blunt honestly shit been fcked up when can I see you Bestfriend I honestly fucking need you." I said to her sadly.

" Where are you I can come over tomorrow. It's kinda late tonight." She said.
"I'll send you the address in the morning bitch but you sleeping on the phone so go ahead go to sleep I'm not hanging up." I told her and she agreed and about 15 minutes later I Heard her snores and Kayden walked in.