Chapter One : Family

You stared at the wedding dress in front of you, draped on the vanity chair. Despite receiving compliments from the guest, saying how beautiful you look in it at the wedding event this morning, Yoongi remained silent the whole time and didn't say anything about the dress.

As the two of you were finally alone at home, Yoongi's jaw clenched, his eyes was filled with anger and disgust, "Don't you ever have the thought that you could replace her. If my parents didn't forced this marriage, I wouldn't even spare you a glance." he uttered mercilessly.

"I'm sorry, I'll try my best to be a good mother to Hyurin." You touched the hem of his sleeve but he yanked your hand away.

"And another thing, woman, do not touch me. " His gaze was harsh and cold, making you shiver down to your spine.

"Yoong- "

"Do not say my name. Ever!"

Tears started to welled up in your eyes, blurring your vision.  A sudden sob escaped from your mouth. You were taken aback from the sound and quickly covered your mouth with both your hand to prevent any further sobs from escaping.

Knock! Knock!

You took a deep breath and turned your head towards the door, and in a quivering voice you asked, "Who's there?"

"Y/n, are you in there? " An angelic voice can be heard from the other side of the door, prompting you to wipe the tears away and taking a few deep breath in an effort to compose yourself and prevent from breaking down again,

The owner of the melodious voice was a ten-years old girl named Min Hyurin, who happened to be the daughter of your now husband, Min Yoongi with his late wife.

After taking another deep breath, you brought your feet to the door and swung it open for her to come inside, "Good evening, Hyurin, what brings you here?" you said in a soft and happy tone.

With her big eyes fixed at you, she spoke, "I saw daddy sleeping without you and thought that you might be here." She gave a glanced towards her father's door then back at you.

You forced a big smile as you caressed her cute, chubby cheeks, " Silly girl, of course I'm sleeping here, it's my room after all". Despite trying to sound happy, there was an underlying sadness in your voice.

As she skipped into your room, and playfully bounced on your bed, "But you're my mommy now, aren't you supposed to be sleeping in the same room?" She said with a hint of confusion as she gazed intently at you, "That's what mommies and daddies do, right?".

Your eyes started to welled up with tears once more, you took a couple steps towards her, with a heavy heart you say, "It's complicated, my dear," You try to deflect from the topic, "By the way, you're supposed to be sleeping by now, Hyurin. You have to go to class tomorrow." Your lips curled into a smile, masking the pain you're feeling.

She dramatically fell onto the bed and pouted as you brought up school, "I don't want to go to school, I hate it."

You let out a soft giggle while affectionately ruffled her hair, you picked her up and gazed lovingly, "Hyurin, my dear, even though you don't like it there, you still must, alright?" You gently smile which she unwillingly nodded but still did because you're nice to her, "Let's go to your room, I'll tell you a bedtime story".

As she was about to protest, you marched towards her room and put her down into her bed gently, then tucked the blanket up to her chest, making sure she was warm and cozy.

"Mommy, do you love dad? "

You eyes met her sparkling yet confused eyes, with a faint smile, you pressed a gentle kiss on her forehead. You lied down next to her and caressed her silky hair, "Well.., maybe?"

"Maybe?"

You nodded and begin your story telling to divert the topic. Hyurin remained silent as her eyes was fixed on you, slowly getting drowsy as the time goes by.

A soft yawn left her mouth, and before you knew it she was already fast asleep

You couldn't help but smile, "Sweet dreams, my dear." You softly kissed her forehead and tiptoed out of her room.

As you brushed your hand through your hair, your gaze shifted towards Yoongi's door, "Mommy and daddy supposed to sleep in the same room" You said sarcastically followed with a bitter smile, "Dream on, Y/n. He doesn't even want you."

"Well, let's try to stay positive, dear self. Maybe one day, he'll open up his heart for you." You comfortingly patted yourself to alleviate the sadness.

You trudged your way back into your room and flopped unto the small bed placed in the middle of the room that felt so big for one person. Your eyes was fixated on the ceiling, as the memories of his hurtful words flooding your mind. Every instance of his venomous spewing hatred played in a loop, tearing at your heartstrings. 

"Maybe everything was a mistake..." You whispered to yourself as tears slide down from your eyes.

You closed your eyes, letting yourself sleep to forget the pain.

--

The next morning, you woke up early in the morning and made your way to the kitchen to prepare a breakfast for your family of three. You prepared three fluffy pancakes with a generous amount of maple syrup on the table. Next to the plates, you set a steaming cup of coffee, a warm glass of water, and a rich hot chocolate.

You could hear a small running footsteps outside the kitchen, gradually getting louder and louder until Hyurin appeared in front of you.

"Good morning, mommy, the breakfast smells really good!" She exclaimed with a cheerful tone, dressed in her school uniform.

"Good morning to you too, cutie pie. Eat the food before it gets cold. " You replied with a wide smile.

Your smile faded away as soon as Yoongi walked in with a deadpan face, he did not even bother to greet you, not even a glance was given.

He sat down at the table and ate his breakfast, "Get your bag, we'll be leaving soon, Rin. " He said, a small smile appeared on his face as he looked at his daughter.

You silently ate your breakfast; you know there's no use fussing over it.

"Okay, dad" she said and quickly finish her breakfast. She then get down from her chair and walked towards you, you leaned down, allowing her to give you a kiss on the cheek, "See you later, mommy." she said, and you nodded with a smile. 

Yoongi glared at you when he heard Hyurin calling you 'mommy'.  You pretend like you did not notice it, and stood up from your chair, then picked up the plates to wash it.

Awkward silence filled the room as soon as Hyurin left to get her schoolbag.

"You must be thinking that you're some sort of replacement mommy, huh? " He spat the venom out and broke the tense silent.

Your hands trembled with fear, and you found yourself unable to respond to Yoongi's boiling anger. 

"Even if she called you 'mommy', I'm not going to see you as my wife." He spoke mercilessly as it laced with hate. He stood up aggressively causing the chair to fell, making you jump in fear and freeze in place.

Without another word, Yoongi stormed out to the front door and called for Hyurin before slamming the door shut.

Tears started to drop, and uncontrollable sobs escaped your lips.

Silently, Hyurin stared at you, her expression filled with sorrow. "I'm sorry that daddy scared you, Y/n," she whispered before dashing out the door to go to school.