Mangy Cat

"Well would you look at that, the princess does remember me

"Well would you look at that, the princess does remember me." Yoongi said, his eyes showing a hint of happiness but disappeared as soon as he laid his eyes on her. For some reason, her heart was beating harshly against her chest. Her eyes stared right back into his lovely emerald ones. Her stomach felt as if she had hundreds of butterflies fluttering in her stomach. She wasn't even realizing how long she stared at him.

"Done staring princess?"

Her eyes widen averting her eyes elsewhere, her cheeks slowly growing hot.

"I-I—Y-Yes I m-mean-"

"Stop stuttering. What did Namjoon and Jin hyung tell you about me? Pfft figured there's no way in hell you remembered me on your own. Let me guess, they want my mother's clan to join them right? Pathetic thinking they can use you to lure us in." His cold voice brought her eyes back to him. She was completely startled at his response. Her heart sank hearing that such venomous drip from his rosy lips.

"Look, no they didn't tell me about you. I remembered you. On my own. Maybe not your name but your looks. And anyway, they send me to look for you because your the key to my memories." She explained yet her heart hurt for some strange reason. He rolled his emerald eyes, jumping off the branch and slowly walking towards her. He leaned towards her ear which caused her to stiffen.

"Look princess, I don't really care what the reason is. But I want you out of this area now." He growled out. He then leaned back looking into her confused yet hurt eyes. Her eyes then trailed down to his neck, expecting to see something but she wasn't sure what. Whatever it was, it wasn't there. That only seem to worsen her aching heart.

"But didn't you love me?" She muttered, barely heard through a human ear.

Yet he did.

Of course he did, he had a hearing of lion. It was no problem to him to hear her muttering words. He laughed, mocking her with a pair of cold eyes. Staring down at her like she was nothing, like she was a worthless big he wanted to crush.

"Princess you think I could wait that long for you to return? Do you think my heart will still wait for you to return? No it can't. You don't even love me, so do me favor and buzz off." His cold emerald eyes pierced through hers.

That was it.

That was the last straw.

She broke down in tears. Tears streaming down her cheeks. Yet she bite her lip to hold back her cries and wails. She didn't even understand her own body at the moment.

Why was it hurting so much?

Just what was wrong with her?

His expression remained the same as he watched her tears flow from her cheeks. She wanted to run, she wanted to hide as those piercing eyes continued to shrink her back into fear. This wasn't the Yoongi she remembered, no he wasn't cold and cruel especially towards her. What happen to her Yoongi?

As if a cue, Namjoon appears in his wolf form. Black as night but she can easily tell it's him by his lavender colored eyes. And his ears and tail tips were a dirty blonde like his hair. He morph back into a human concern written all over his face. His lavender eyes eyed her then shifted to Yoongi.

It clicked.

A low growl came from him as his ears pinned back towards his head. Yoongi merely huffed rolling his eyes. Not even the bit surprise Namjoon was here. Nor did he even care for the reason why he was here.

"Nice to see you too Namjoon. Here take Princess and buzz off." He harshly pushed Y/n onto Namjoon making her crash right into his broad chest. He helped her to steady her body with his hands on her arms. Yet she let her body limp into his grasp, she felt weak and hurt. She seem to be in a strange daze that she just couldn't shake out of.

'I must've really love him if it hurts this much-' Her thoughts were interrupted by Namjoon's voice.

"Hey you okay?" He asked concern filling his voice. However she didn't answer only gripping onto his cloak he wore. Tears spilling from her eyes endlessly, like the clouds that dropped the rain. She wasn't even sure why she was crying, for he was right. She didn't love him, hell she barely remembered him. Yet her heart was telling her otherwise, it was screaming out to him. Namjoon's lavender eyes shifted towards Yoongi narrowing his eyes at him.

"Yoongi!"

Yoongi merely scoffed as he turned his body, walking away from them. He waved his hand off as if they were some couple of annoying buzzing flies, especially towards Namjoon.

"I don't have time for you Namjoon. Nor her. Now buzz off before I call people from my clan to attack you." He shrugged, placing his hands inside his pockets. His tail swishing behind without a care in the world.

"Yoongi!" A hand stopped him from walking any further. However he didn't bother turning his head. He didn't see the point of turning his head for Namjoon. He was older than him, so he had every right too.

"Look I don't know what turned you so cold, maybe it was the fact she doesn't remember you or maybe because she left, but stop being such an a**clown and help us! She needs to regain her memories back for Seokjin's plan to work! Your the only one who can bring back her memories! We promise after she regains her memories we'll leave you and your clan alone. But she needs her memories back." Namjoon explained yet his lavender eyes showed he wanted to murder Yoongi then and there. But restrain himself for the sake of Y/n.

Yoongi's emerald eyes shifted from him to Y/n, who wasn't even looking at him, her sad broken gaze stared at the dark grass. Her arms wrapped around herself as if she was lost in her own world. His eyes then shifted back to Namjoon's burning gaze. Silence filled the air, as only small noises of other animals were heard.

Occasionally his ears would twitch at every sound in the forest. Suddenly a sigh came from the girl. Her (e/c) looked puffy and red, but instead of looking at Yoongi, she looked at Namjoon. But inside her eyes were something Namjoon has never seen in her warm loving eyes.

"Forget it Namjoon, let's just go back. He obviously doesn't care about this war, he obviously only cares for himself. Let's just go back. By the way he treated me just now, it must've meant I mean nothing towards him. That what I felt in my heart was obviously not what he feels in his." Her bitter voice strangely cut though Yoongi. He flinched at her reaction. He wasn't expecting that at all. She was never cold, no she was always loving and warm.

"But Y/n! You need your memories ba-"

"No I don't Namjoon, look I remember you, Kookie, Jin, Tae, and some what of Jimin, and there's one more guy but just can't remember his name at the moment. I'll be fine. Let's go back. We wasted our precious time on a mangy cat." Her eyes shifted towards Yoongi with bitter and heartbroken eyes. He again flinched at her stare. Namjoon sighed and walked over towards Y/n.

"Alright let's go then."

She took one last glance at Yoongi, then trailed behind Namjoon without looking back. Yoongi watched as suddenly his mischievous tail sank behind him. His black night ears went limp.

"I've never seen you so cold princess. Guess I went too far, huh? Whatever, it's not like I care anyways." And with that his body vanished into thin air.

Edited: 1/14/22