~@jeff_bond

I've ever spoken to Jeff briefly, but he's still my former rebel buddy. And even though our encounter was only through book club work, it was easy to pick up on his motivational and positive attitude. Though our communication with each other was only ever so brief, I do however keep tabs on Jeff. His attitude within the Wattpad Community made him an easy choice for me, it was just a matter of when.

With a profile rating of 7/10, I love his bio and profile picture, the background not so much. Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for 2018 Watty winner, Jeff Bond!

*******

Hi there Jeff, how're you doing? Anyway, let us begin.

First off, thanks for featuring me, Latoya. I'm very grateful!

Q: How were you introduced to Wattpad?

I decided about a year and a half ago that I was ready to start self-publishing, to begin putting my stories out and building an audience, and I just Googled around for places where people were sharing their stories online. Wattpad and Tapas looked like the biggest two, so I started publishing Blackquest 40 as a serial at both sites. Eventually, I focused just on Wattpad because it seemed to have more action.

Q: One thing I realize you seem to enjoy a good conspiracy theory. What's the fascination with it?

It's funny you ask that, because I started out writing simpler, more slice-of-life fiction. When I decided to try more commercial stuff, I settled on the thriller genre -- where conspiracies are pretty much required.

Q: Using three words only, describe your writing style.

Spare, quick, vivid. (At least I try to be.)

Q: Did you know you always wanted to write and what impact would you like your story to have on someone?

I've loved books since I was a boy and read just about everything in my elementary school library. The book that really made me want to become a novelist was War and Peace, which I read for a college course. I was amazed how real the characters felt -- from an author who'd lived centuries ago, half the globe away -- and I suppose my wish would be for readers to have something like that feeling, of relating so fully and precisely to my characters.