*TheraLance

MM fans give a warm welcome to Thera, the first place Fan-Fiction and third place Poetry Winner in the 2019 Winter Rose Award: Summer Edition.

We caught up with this busy college student for a bit and it all went down like this. 

*****

Hey, Thera let's get started, shall we!

Who's your favorite fictional character, and why?

Honestly, I have a lot of favorite characters for different areas (e.g. My nostalgic favs from childhood, my favorite villains, my favorite anti-heroes, and onto a never ending list of areas), so it's hard to pick. Since I am currently working on a few fanfictions that feature a couple of my favorites, I'd have to say that the one who is at the forefront of my mind is Bakura from Yugioh. He's amusingly sarcastic, and his role as an antagonist with justifiable reasons for some of his actions makes him fascinating to work with when writing him into my stories. The fact that his history and abilities are entwined with Ancient Egyptian mythology (a childhood obsession of mine) makes him even more intriguing. 

Which of your wins do you appreciate more, your 1st in Fan-Fiction or 3rd place in Poetry and why?

Both wins are appreciated equally, especially since they're a huge deal to me for the same reasons. My poetry and fanfiction stories tend to be experiments in genres and in subject matters that I don't often see paired with poetry or fanfiction. For example, there are a lot of poems about human relationships, but I personally haven't come across any that tie in the background apocalypse that I did. As for my fanfiction, romance-oriented stories tend to be the norm while I went with what is essentially a dark urban fantasy that starts going a little crazy on the world-building and psychological character development. 

Since both are unusual experiments, I wasn't sure how it would go within an award. So, it really made for a good couple of days seeing them place so highly, and I'm still in a bit of disbelief at how well they did.