*Nlght_lock

Hey, guys give a warm welcome to Mr

Hey, guys give a warm welcome to Mr. J, first place Action/Adventure winner in the 2019 Winter Rose Award: Summer Edition.

Mystique Magazine sat down with this lover of fantasy-adventure for a moment and it went down like this.

******

Mr. J, is there a story behind your username Nlght_lock?

Yes. My username comes from the novel Hunger Games. If anyone here doesn't know what it is, it's a poisonous berry. I use this as my username because I personally think it's cool. Considering, it's deadly even if it's just a small fruit. [It's very cool!]

You've been on Wattpad for a year now, how has the journey been so far and how has it impacted your life?

Just like everyone else is experiencing, my journey here on Wattpad is filled with ups and downs. Through this platform, it helps me to improve my skill in writing upon reading some guides published here. I have also been able to reach out to other writers for tips and advice. 

You scored a 46/50 on your scorecard. The judge used words like 'cliche and superficial' to describe your plot which earned an 8/10. Do you agree and is there anything you think you could change about it?

If I remember correctly, the second sentence of my blurb was labeled, "cliche and superficial" since it had the phrase, "join the character in his journey..." And I think the judge has a point. Giving this statement some days of pondering, I decided to fix it. So I think I should thank the judge for pointing this out.

Five words that best describe your personality?

Adventurous. Calm. Imaginative. Quiet. I guess that's all. I'll leave the fifth one to my friends.

Who motivated your writing?

I thank all of the writers who wrote the books that I read. They gave me the key to access the door to another world. They also inspired me to write a book of my own.

What's the one thing you'll always say yes to?

Hanging out with my real friends. Because aside from home, it's a place where I can be who I am. You don't need to behave like a Saint.

 You don't need to behave like a Saint

What're your views on cyberbullying in general?

Cyberbullying shouldn't be tolerated. It ruins lives by breaking our self-confidence.

Do you feel pressured to update your ongoing story?

Yes. I feel pressure in terms of updating my ongoing story with quality. That's the main reason I don't update in a rush. I examine the plot, grammar, and punctuation before showing it into the public. [A very good and key idea!]

▪ How much does your writing mean to You? 

I don't care if my hands bleed when I write something down. I don't care if my brain feels dry after writing something I can be proud of.

Which do you prefer and why, Anime or Cartoon?

It's a tough one. Well... I am interested more in the story. So it doesn't matter if it's an Anime or Cartoon. I have my favorites under the two categories. Anohana. You're Lie In April. Fairy Tail. One Piece. Gravity Falls. Courage The Cowardly Dog. Phineas and Ferb (yeah). 

What's your favourite holiday and Why?

It's always been Christmas. My family can have Dad for a week before he returns in the camp. I also like the weather during this holiday. [Yaaas!]

List three things you're extremely proud of your book?

I'll answer it through the reader's POV.

*It has vivid setting and unique creatures.

*‎It has compelling characters.

*‎It has rich dialogue.

You're a multi-award winner, what's the next step with your book?

I am overwhelmed by the awards I received. Honestly, I didn't expect to have them. I'll treasure them as long as I live. It's a proof that I have a future in writing. I'm currently editing every chapter of CONQUEST. I plan to enter in Wattys2019. And I hope lightning will strike me. [Go you!]

If you could be a tree which would it be and Why?

Oak Tree. The resiliency of the oak tree against harsh weathers makes me admire it. 

Who's your favourite fictional character of all time and how would you spend a day with them?

I have so many favorite fictional characters. And one of them is Toothless from HTTYD (if dragon counts). I will definitely travel to the places where no one goes with this fascinating dragon. [I frigging love Toothless!]

Finally, tell us, who is Nlght_lock and what does he stand for?

You can call me Mr. J. I am 24-years-old and working at the Department of Education. During weekends I become a writer. And I believe that if I keep on writing no matter how slow it is, it's far better than procrastinating.

___________________________

Thanks, Mr. J for sharing with us here at Mystique Magazine, wishing you all the best for the wattys along with future endeavors.

 J for sharing with us here at Mystique Magazine, wishing you all the best for the wattys along with future endeavors

Congratulations on your fabulous win!